Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New POSA classes have been added.
Check
www.posai.org for the most current class listings.

June 28, 2004
Patrol Response to an Active Shooter
New London CT 9:30am-5pm
Cost: Free
To register, contact: Chip Segar, 860-303-3524

June 7-8, 2004
Lou Chiodo's "Phase 1 & 2 Handgun Course" (Click link to download
info)
800-900 rounds
Harvard Sportman's Club, Harvard, MA
Cost: $250
To register, contact: [email protected]

May 11, 2004
Police Officers Flying Armed
Smith & Wesson Academy, Springfield, MA, 10-11am
Cost: Free

April 18, 2004
Disarming & Retention
Leverett, MA PD, 10am-1pm
Cost - free
To register, contact: [email protected]org

March 29, 2004
Simulation Instructor
Leverett, MA PD, 10am-4pm
Cost - $50

·
Registered
561 Posts
FYI, this training agency has a very shady fundraising reputation. They have been contacting residents in my town with letters asking for payment on their pledge (which the residents say they never made).

They do raise funds for police training, however only 20% of the total $$ raised goes to the department -- the remaining 80% they keep for "expenses".

Just a heads up; I have no information about the actual quality of their classes. They were known as the "New England Police Officers Association (NEPOSA)" until a few days ago.

-Mike

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will vouch 100% for thier training classes, I've attended several. The instructor knows his stuff about Defensive Tactics. I'm alot more confident and satisfied with thier DT training than the MJCTC R/I training. On top of that, the price is right. I havent paid a dime for any class.
As far as fundraising goes,POSA is non-profit, and according to the instructors, they do not do the fundraising themselves, I believe they use a fundraising agency.
I believe they changed the name becuase they have been approached alot more recently to do training outside of New England, such as New Jersey.

Mike if it sounds like there is any shady fundraising going on, or if youd've heard reports of it, email Ralph Mroz at the email adress in the first post, he's a cop for Leverett, MA and is by no means out for profit with this association. :2c:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts