Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Malden, MA. I have never seen a worse city to operate a car in. I don't know if it is the lack of delay between red and green lights or lack of traffic enforcement. You take your life into your hands every time you cross the intersection of Main st. and Medford st. It is uncanny the amount of times people just blow through that intersection. Malden P.D. could make a fortune in about 30 minutes of traffic stops. :shock:

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have family who have retired from Malden PD and family involved in the City with the Mayor's office and redevelopment authority....before you knock them, do your homework. Malden is heavily populated for its land size....there are so many commuters that live in the city because of its location to Boston, it is almost impossible to solve traffic conditions given the limited space.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This message was not and is not a slam to Malden P.D. I have many friends that work there. I think they do a great job and mostly attribute the problem to both the congested area and the influx of inexperienced/foreign drivers that are not aware of the streets and intersections. I just think that the increased adjustment of the delays between one light turning green and the opposite light becoming red would help. I am left slowly proceeding through green lights with the fear of a car broadsiding me. I just wish I had jurisdiction when driving home from work.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just wish I had jurisdiction when driving home from work.
LOL...Don't all of us? :lol: I hear ya on the delay, could be better. Thats why I moved down to Plymouth. Now I get to travel Route 3 :shock: what a friggin nightmare. Where are the MSP when you need them....J/K VOR :lol: (In good fun)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
If it wasn't meant as a slam, then I must have taken it wrong. Sorry.

I can't think of a cop who DOESN'T want jurisdiction on his way home... except of course for the lucky troopers who do. :) 8)

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Malden streets suck.
I went out with a girl in Everett for 3 years and took Rt.1 to Rt. 99 and all that way through Everett. I also goto a train store in Malden. The light timeing is horrible,the roads are rough. Then there is that death corner on Rt. 99. The Mc Donalds it terrible there. I saw a blimp there too.

But I dont see how any of this this is Malden PD's fault.

I cant knock Malden PD haveing extended family there or Everett or else uncle Steve would whoop me! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.