Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am looking into different University Dept and was wondering if anyone had a list of all the departments that have some form of police powers and carry. I have gone to different websites for the different colleges, but thought there may be an easier way to find them all. Any one know who's hiring RIGHT NOW?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome, looking into it right now.

Posted Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:55 am:

Is there anyone in this forum from Bentley? Or anyone who has worked there and could tell me more about the department?

Also a general question to all Campus Police Departments.
Is training usually done from with in, or is it typically contracted out?

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Also a general question to all Campus Police Departments.
Is training usually done from with in, or is it typically contracted out?
Most departments want you to be eligible for SSPO powers (Assoc. degree + Reserve/Intermittent academy; or SSPO or MPOC academy) when you get hired. If not, some may put you through the SSPO academy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most departments want you to be eligible for SSPO powers (Assoc. degree + Reserve/Intermittent academy; or SSPO or MPOC academy) when you get hired. If not, some may put you through the SSPO academy.
Right, I understand that. I was refering to other training/ continued training to keep people up to date with things like DT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know that the Bently officers attend the SSPO academy, the type of training and who provides it depends on the department. Some campus police departments including mine, in the past have begrudgingly allowed officers to attend instructor certification courses enabling some training and re-certs to be conducted in house. We are given the opportunity to attend any training provided by the state (i.e. COBWEB, etc.) pending approval of the department.. which is the difficult part.

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
I think Wentworth already found a new officer. Bently PD is pretty nice from what I heard. My DT instructor works there and seems to like it. Send in a resume and Give it a try.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I sent me resume to Bentley, so I guess I will have to see how that works out.

If any one else knows of departments hiring, please post here.

Thanks All.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
MIT is the best kept secret in the Commonwealth. Super pay and benefits and you practically do NOTHING for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.