Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When out shopping, whenever my wife says, “ohhh I like that” I normally write it down and file the information away for future gift giving. During the course of a the year, I’ll end up with dozens of little scraps of paper, with little notes about sizes, colors, cd’s you name it. Well a couple years ago I washed my jacket that had maybe 30 little slips of paper in it and they all got ruined so after that I took to signing up for gust registries at various stores.

It’s pretty cool, you can sign up, add stuff either by scanning it in, entering it via web, or typing it in at the store. Well I’d been doing this for most of the year, creating registries at any store that had one setting our “wedding” for Thanksgiving, the theory was that sometime after Thanksgiving, I would go to the stores and print out the lists and do my Christmas shopping (I also added in stuff I wanted, stuff I thought I would get for family members) sort of using the registry as my personal list keeper. A week or so after thanksgiving I was surprised by two things:
1. I got a gift from a lady I used to work with several years back…saying I heard you got married, congrats.
2. I got a boat load of crazy percentage off coupons.
Example: 40% (one time only) of any purchases of things you didn’t get on your registry from William-Sonoma. This coupon can be combined with other offers. (that’s nutty).

So basically I took my “wedding registry” coupons and bought stuff yesterday, today, and will buy some tomorrow. To date I’ve saved about $800…the best was saving 10% on bulk 9mm ammo at WalMart!

I think I'm going to get married every year!

·
Registered
81 Posts
bd man, bd. Maybe I should start doing that, save a few bucks for my college bills and stuff.

(bd = 2 thumbs up, look at your fingers when you make 2 thumbs up, you'll see what I mean)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.