Uniform Recommendations? | MassCops

Uniform Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Boston' started by AC523, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC523

AC523 New Member

Shopping around for the required uniforms for the Boston Academy. Do you guys have any advice/suggestions on where I should look? All set on PT gear, just looking around for the day to day khakis.

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Banana Republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frapmpd24, csauce777 and Hush like this.
  3. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

LL Bean or Bass Pro Shops. Great safari gear

frapmpd24 likes this.
  4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Urban outfitters or Hollister. Abercrombie and Fitch also has some great deals.

frapmpd24 likes this.
  5. GMass

GMass Guest

Bob's always has good deals on Docker's

6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Cotton dockers, I love that commercial.

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

dockers

8. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

Haha there was a kid in my Academy who towards the end wore tan silky looking Dockers instead of the Khakis. They looked pretty funny with the creases sewn in.

As far as I remember he got away with wearing them somehow

pahapoika likes this.
  9. niteowl1970

Khaki Dickies

Delta784 likes this.
  10. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Yup...every member of my academy class wore Dickies. Cheap, and they look good when tailored & pressed. I still refer to them as my janitor uniforms.

Oh, and my academy director would castrate you if you had sewn-in creases or patent leather shoes. He gave fair warning of this after the pre-screening when he addressed those of us who made the final cut. No one showed up on Day One with either, but several people had to panic-buy new khakis and/or shoes over the weekend.

263FPD, LGriffin and 240Robert like this.
  12. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

We were required to wear Dickies for uniformity.
    They don't make them for women, at least they didn't at the time, but those Long Duck Dong pants were just awful.

13. GMass

GMass Guest

Yea, Dickies it is. I hated every day I put my legs in those pants; I swear they put 80 grit sandpaper on the inside of the knees so every step rubs them raw. Those damn things could stand up on their own for the first two months of my academy.

OP, we were just busting on you. Get Dickies. Get them from Walmart or Work'n Gear because the uniform shops will charge you double. Make sure you get a belt that will fit through the belt loops. The Safariland garrison belt will not fit through the Dickies beltloops. Just make sure you don't take the Dickies tag off the rear of the pants above the right pocket. If they can't tell they're dickies, they're sending you out for new ones.

:D

263FPD likes this.
  14. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I'm a little confused though. Wouldn't that be covered in the orientation? Are you posting this question with the "Hey, look at me!!! I just got hired!!!" type of intention?

Because honestly if that's the case, go to privateofficer.com with it. Most of the membership here, are already on the job and can't be impressed by it. The long standing members who are not on the job, are likely not impressed by it either.

Best suggestion I can make to you, is stop using social media in general, for the duration of your academy. I promise you, the heartache you save, will be your own.

LGriffin and lofu like this.
  15. niteowl1970

Dat's sexist !!!!

263FPD likes this.
  16. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

My thought exactly and the reason I didn't respond.

263FPD likes this.
  17. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The only orientation we received was the academy director telling us that he'd castrate us on Monday morning if we showed up with patent leather shoes or sewn-in creases, while we were still sucking wind from the run.

Day One was our orientation.

18. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

Dickies. Can't we lock this shit up now?

240Robert likes this.
  19. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.