Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Just a quick survey.....out of all the AFSCME Departments on here how much money have you received for your uniform allowance this year? The rumor is they are only going to give us $550.00. How much did you get last year?

Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Framingham State College got $400 last year when I believed the contract said we should receive $600 for 2003. And although it says $700 this year I believe I also heard that we would receive $550 this year. Who knows though!! :x

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Bigape9 @ Today - 06:21 said:
:L: :FM: Uniform allowance ha thats funny. And i quate my Chief "it's not in the budget this year".
You do what to your chief, "quate" what;s that? :wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am just intrested in finding out State and Community College Departments allowances.

There is something bizzarre going on here. We have this blue book for the AFSCME contract that says we get $700.00 a year. Then they just decide to give us $550.00!! What is the purpose of having a contract if they can just pick a number out of a hat and say "This sounds like a good number to give them for uniforms."

I am getting sick to my stomache talking about this........

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
1. ASFSCME contract FY-04 $600
FY-05=$700. We did get both amounts at MCC.

2. A uniform allowance should be non-taxable. Only a "pay" is taxable like Base Salary, Overtime pay, hazardous duty pay, etc. Housing allowance, food allowance and the like are non-taxable (military and civilian)
:?

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
As we all know the State system can move very slow and we are still waiting for our allowance here at FSC :( I spoke with Officers from Fitchburg State and Massasoit who have already received the full $700 allowance.

·
8,799 Posts
Part two:

After purchasing "your" clothing/equipment with "your" allowance, do you have to give it all back when you leave?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am under the impression that we only have to return issued equipment, not equipment obtained with the purchase order...but who knows at this place--PO was only $550 when it is supposed to be $700...dumb :s

Posted Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:42 am:

P.S. MPD61 It's like looking in a mirror!! :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Its official! The purchases orders for our yearly clothing allowance are in and we only received $550 of the owed $700. It was requested that the allowances be spent in full by Friday, October 8, 2004. :shock: The grievance has been passed along to ASFCME who will continue to do nothing but sit back and collect dues. :BM:

·
8,799 Posts
fscpd907 @ 18 Sep 2004 05:26 said:
Its official! The purchases orders for our yearly clothing allowance are in and we only received $550 of the owed $700. It was requested that the allowances be spent in full by Friday, October 8, 2004. :shock: The grievance has been passed along to ASFCME who will continue to do nothing but sit back and collect dues. :BM:
See! You should be @ Fitchburg! Bill got $700
:roll:

·
Registered
252 Posts
mpd61 @ 06 Sep 2004 14:36 said:
Part two:

After purchasing "your" clothing/equipment with "your" allowance, do you have to give it all back when you leave?
If you resign or get fired before your 90 day probation is up all clothing and equipment must be returned. If it's after the 90 it's yours to keep. Big deal! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.