Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heat Gear was designed to protect your skin from the pads and straps of equipment. This light, durable fabric stretches with your movement and sheds perspiration on contact to keep you cool and dry. Heat Gear weighs no more than 6 ozs. fully saturated. That keeps you lighter, more comfortable, and more competitive.
Anybody using this? Just looking for some feedback before spending $25 bucks a shirt.

·
Registered
561 Posts
This sounds like the same thing as the new shirts the football and lacrosse players are wearing these days... keeps you dry and cool in the summer, dry and warm in the winter. Usually goes for between $20-$50 per shirt, depending on if it's long sleeve, short sleeve, and light/medium/heavy weight.

They supposedly work well... I never thought of them from a police standpoint, but might not be a bad idea. I would get one and try it out before investing in a drawer full!

-Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gil,

A couple of friends at Marblehead PD wear the stuff all the time and swear by its comfort, I personally haven't tried any of it yet..

Ed

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use the under armor short sleeve style. The price is a little steep but I like the difference it makes. Sizes run a little tight, so it keeps me standing up straight. After I worked an 8 hour shirft it would be fine but after a 16 hr shift...forget about it ...sweaty as a regular wife beater T. Felt good under the vest, almost refreshing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I wear them all the time in the summer, especially while on Mtn. Bike Patrol. Allows a fresh breeze in and you don't feel like your wearing a soggy T all day. Would recommend in the Winter, a little cool. They have a winter style, but I haven't tried that yet.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, I think I will garb one this week and check it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been wearing the Under Amour Loose Gear shirts under my vest and I will say that they do make a difference. I tried the tighter fitting Heat Gear but I was too aware that it was there although it beat wearing a regular T-shirt by a long shot. Second Chance even has their own line of similar style T-shirts almost similar to the Loose Gear shirts.

·
Registered
253 Posts
the heat gear t-shirt does work well, i have 2 of them. stops you from smelling like a goat during the summer time SWEAT!

however, take it from me, if your not built like lou ferigno, i would reccomend the loose gear shirt.... the heat gear is just like a second skin, and some people look like a tomato stuffed into a condom!

:twisted:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I picked up one of the shirts the other day at the new MHQ store in West Roxbury. It is on Spring St near the VA Hospital. I like it and I am going to pick up a bunch of them. They are 10 % off for their Grand Opening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts