Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use the uncle mikes pro-3 holster? Is this a good holster? It seems pretty nice. any info you all can give me would be great thanks-------it comes nylon -plain-high gloss and basketweave

·
Registered
253 Posts
the only good thing about the holster is its lightweight.

don't let the pro-3 in the mane lead you to believe that it's has the triple retention security. my dept issued us this holster, during our gun retention class we found out how easy the weapon actually came out of the holster if you didn't have the proper defensive hold on the weapon!

I sware by the safariland III 070. it's a true triple retention. i used that holster in La (ca). Even on attempted gun grabs, the weapon remained holstered with the proper defensive skills.

it's worth spending the extra $$$$$ TRUST ME !

:twisted:

·
Registered
253 Posts
the first line should have read "dont let the pro-3 in the NAME" fool you.....

i'm still drinking my coffee, my brain is not functioning fully! :oops:

:twisted:

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
I initially started off with the Uncle Mikes PRO-3 holster.. During the first winter I had it I noticed the weapon was near impossible to get out during extremely cold temperatures... ( Not sure if it was this particular holster or what) It seeemed like it was frozen..... Needless to say I switched to the Safariland III 070, a much better holster!!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have 3 Belts with the Pro-3 (nylon, leather, and dress) I also carried it in the Academy, never had my gun taken. The only downside is that since it is a low ride holster, it usually hits the seatbelt holder, or seat in the cruiser, and can be a pain in the ass (literally).

The 070 is better choice, but for the money the pro-3 is a close second.

ken

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Our department used the Pro 3 up until this years weapon change. Were using a Safariland now, not sure of the model, but it's one of the one's with the rotating hood. It's a very nice looking holster. I was never a big fan of the Pro 3, just for asthetic reasons. It's kind of ugly. I don't think they make it in real leather either? Just nylon, or that fake leather stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts