Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know anything about UMass Memorial in Worcester? I heard they have an opening for Campus Police Officer, anyone have some insight?

·
Registered
253 Posts
i spoke to the evening shift sgt, the job is an unarmed position, only the supervisors carry.

the pay is around $13.00 per hour.

when i called i thought it was for the medical school which has an armed police force, the posted position is affiliated with the u-mass system but it's at the memorial hospital campus.

did I confuse you yet? :huh:

·
Registered
253 Posts
i spoke to the evening shift sgt, the job is an unarmed position, only the supervisors carry.

the pay is around $13.00 per hour.

when i called i thought it was for the medical school which has an armed police force, the posted position is affiliated with the u-mass system but it's at the memorial hospital campus.

did I confuse you yet? :huh:

·
Registered
164 Posts
UMass Memorial is a UMass affiliate hospital on Belmont Street, about 5 miles away from the main UMass Medical Campus.

They have a small office on the second floor of the hospital at the pedestrian entrance to the parking deck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know someone that works there and if you want to be a security guard with police on your uniform then apply.

All they do is open, check and lock doors.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Righto, security guard for a hospital in a neighborhood of shitbirds.... No F'ing way..... Crackheads, heroin junkies, boozehounds, prostitutes and gangbangers wasting air all over that area and unfortunately they venture onto hospital grounds... They need to be armed like UMass..

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
UMass is only armed because of the Medical school and the direct tie-ins to UMass Amherst and the rest of them

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone else here interview? I know they had about 11 candidates (I was 1). Seemed pretty squared away and doing the best they can considering it's a Hospital. Like all Hospitals they're struggling financially... Except MGH lol... They send 'em all through S.S.P.O. and have a union. They get a good amount of shitbirds due to the area.

Anyone else with input?

·
Registered
51 Posts
RPD931 said:
Anyone else here interview? I know they had about 11 candidates (I was 1). Seemed pretty squared away and doing the best they can considering it's a Hospital. Like all Hospitals they're struggling financially... Except MGH lol... They send 'em all through S.S.P.O. and have a union. They get a good amount of shitbirds due to the area.

Anyone else with input?
I know a few guys that work there and there squared away. On another note I brought my wife in not too long ago at about 130 am and they had a couple of characters in uniform that shouldn't be. One of the guys was fat and goofy with a shaved head and tattoos. I noticed that he was wearing a security gaurd patch. I didnt thing umass had security gaurds but that proved me wrong well the good thing was that the goofy bastered was on nights. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC

·
Registered
11 Posts
tango2 said:
I know a few guys that work there and there squared away. On another note I brought my wife in not too long ago at about 130 am and they had a couple of characters in uniform that shouldn't be. One of the guys was fat and goofy with a shaved head and tattoos. I noticed that he was wearing a security gaurd patch. I didnt thing umass had security gaurds but that proved me wrong well the good thing was that the goofy bastered was on nights. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC
Ya dat gofey basted werk on tird ship wit us :DB: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.