Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that UMLPD is looking for a Captain and a Chief. Anyone have any information on the current situation there ? I have seen some pretty negative posts, but also heard that the pay is good and there is a lot of police work to be done.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Last I herd 2 weeks ago they have a chief as well as a captain.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From what I heard they have a chief, 2 captains, 3 sargeants, and field officers. Yet I know they either just had and are having another test.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Pinkos307 @ Mon 20 Sep said:
From what I heard they have a chief, 2 captains, 3 sargeants, and field officers. Yet I know they either just had and are having another test.
They just had a test about a month ago

·
Registered
316 Posts
UML will be looking for a new chief, I don't know about the Captain's position. (they don't tell us much) We currently have 1 Captain running the show while the "chief" has been on leave for almost a year. We have another Capt. that has been on military duty for almost 2 years. We have 4 Sgts. and 10 police officers - 2 more student officers in the Plymouth Academy and intent to hire some more officers with this new round of oral boards.

As for the pay, we are working off a pay scale from a few years ago, and good 'ol Gov. Mitt just cut our hope of getting some retro pay. There is a lot of policing to do, but on the other hand you can be as busy or as quiet as you want to be with a few exceptions. If you can understand that the University is priority rather than the city, you will be fine as a campus police officer.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.