Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
UMass Amherst PD has hosted tests in the past for their opening, but in the latest budget crisis, they were accpeting resumes from aademy trainined personnel only. Per UMass charter, they must go to an MPOC, must be armed, and make $498 a week to start. Theyt are one of the larger police agencies west of the conecticut river, and are busy, but don't expect them to hire recruits soon.

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
Go to www.umass.edu and look up the human resources dept, Im sure the information is listed. There is a job posting for a university police officer however it states that the posting is for informational purposes only and the hiring would be done off of a previous list from a test..8)

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
LOMAC is correct. They (UMASS) got a big pay push about 2 years ago.... but my understanding is that it didn't make it at Lowell.

·
Registered
447 Posts
pain in the butt

Just to be a pain in the a$$ UMass Amherst is East of the CT river.

Sorry just felt like picking on someone today.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
YEah, I don't get it. UMASS Lowell is the only AFSCME unit left under UMASS system and they are still paid grade 13 soon to be 14. Weird.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
H50, My undestanding was that all the UMASS loc's were changing the pay scale one by one. It didn't make the LAST stop at Lowell due to the Economy down turn. Sucks to be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.