Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a complaint from someone tonight off of a stop when I gave them a WARNING. Aren't people awesome? :roll:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yeah, people suck. I've made an occasional stop or two :lol:... and I recall 2 cases where the subjects called and complained because I cited them. As I am more geared to warnings, I cited these 2 folks because of their (sarcasm starts here) wonderful attitudes. Guy #1 called and spoke to the Sgt -- let me give this guy a clue, when you call to complain about a ticket, don't swear at and piss off the Sgt.
Guy #2 called to complain about a ticket -- let me give this guy a clue, don't call to swear at and piss off the Chief of Police.
Idiots!!

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
phuzz01";p="65611 said:
Got a complaint from someone tonight off of a stop when I gave them a WARNING. Aren't people awesome? :roll:
OH SHIT!!
Phuzz - was that you???
:twisted:

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
You got that right Robodope. A few weeks ago I used my "officers discretion" and decided to give a young kid a semi-break and summons instead of arrest. No bop, 17years old, clean cut...It was boarder line. Anyway, I get called to the mat by my Sgt. (not even the OIC for the shift!!!!) asking me why I didn't arrest the kid. He wasn't happy.
Next day one of the do nothing gummers says to me, "See kid, that's why I do as little as possible. That way they have nothing to complain about." :evil: That attitude pisses me off to no end.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
A few years ago during a snowstorm, I was flagged down by this kid who had gotten into a MV accident with a truck on a one way street. I helped arrange for a tow and assisted him in exchanging papers with the less than compliant driver. He asked me to take the accident report, but I told him he could just go down to the local BPD district station to take care of that. I let the young man sit in the cruiser with me while he waited for the towing company. We chatted a bit and he told me his father was a lieutenant for a department on the North Shore. Then he asked if he could have my contact info, "just in case" he needed it in the future. No problem, I gave him my name and the number to the station.

A few weeks later, I received a message that he was looking for me, so I gave him a call back and he told me he was having a problem with his insurance company and asked if I would write them a letter stating what I saw. After speaking with one of the day sargents about it and getting the go ahead from him, I told the guy that I would do it, but I didn't know if it would be much help because I did not actually WITNESS the accident. He said, hey, whatever you can do would be great. So, I jotted out this letter stating what I had observed as I rolled on scene, which was basically the conditions, directions and locations of the vehicles, and I mailed it out to him.

A few days later when he received it, he called me and questioned the content of the letter. I told him that I had said to him prior that all I can do is say what I saw, I cannot make any judgements or assumptions or outright LIE (which is really what he wanted me to do) because I did not witness the accident. He didn't seem too happy about that. A few hours later, I got a phone call from one of MY lieutenants chewing me out about some LT from this North Shore dept. that called to make a complaint about me. :roll: I explained the whole story to him and covered my ass by telling him to speak to the day sargent who gave me the "OK" to even get involved in this poop. He said he would look into it and I never heard anything back about it. :no:

You know, I tried to be nice, and that was the thanks I got! ](*,)

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
LOL, I don't wanna say what department it was, but here's a hint: it was NOT Marlborough PD. Or are you referring to the 16 year old that used to post on here? :lol:

·
Registered
601 Posts
No..If it was Marlborough PD...He would have been ignoring Dunny and playing with all the lights and sirens in the cruiser...I can picture it.." Dunny...I Love your wig wags!

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
robodope";p="66036 said:
No..If it was Marlborough PD...He would have been ignoring Dunny and playing with all the lights and sirens in the cruiser...I can picture it.." Dunny...I Love your wig wags!
who doesn't love dunny's wig-wags :wink:
or her REAR deck strobes!!!

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
He was just pissed you didnt give him your home number and ask him out to dinner.

And Marlboro CITIZEN would be sitting in the crusier and probally have the need for a wet nap after you let him try all the siren sounds while he read Field & Stream.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I stopped this hero for doing 47 in a posted 30, I give him w/w for the speed and a v/w for not having his license with him and driving out of his restrictions. This clown had the nerve to give attitude and to complain, that w/w quickly changed to a V.

P.S I never write statements for people in regards to accidents, I have had a few requests and I flat out deny. Easier to stay out of trouble by not doinf stuff like that.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Macop";p="66666 said:
P.S I never write statements for people in regards to accidents, I have had a few requests and I flat out deny. Easier to stay out of trouble by not doinf stuff like that.
Damn skippy!!!!
I always advise the driver(s) to zip lip and I do the same. Put it in the report and let the insurance people point the fingers!!! Not my job in most cases.
:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts