Two TBL stickers compensate for one reject sticker, correct? | Page 2 | MassCops

Two TBL stickers compensate for one reject sticker, correct?

Discussion in 'Whacker Sightings' started by GMass, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

File that under "Fight Club".

2. GMass

GMass Guest

Shut it.....

3. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

I've always wondered what those stickers were called. I despise them.

4. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

You despise the thin blue line stickers? Why? WHen they came out with the concept and it was controlled then it wasn't bad. Now every one and their mama got one.

5. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

That's exactly why. Anyone can get a hold of them and they drive around thinking that because they have one, the law doesn't apply to them. A kid I went to school with was all pissed one day because he got a ticket and the sticker "did nothing for him". No one in his family is even an officer, his ex girlfriends father is BPD and gave it to him. I think it's so misused and abused I just automatically assume the person driving with it has nothing to do with law enforcement when I see it.

http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SS&Category_Code=thin-blue-line

6. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Same could be said for MPA and SPAM stickers. There are plenty you can find on eBay. Some are real and some are counterfeit. I take nothing for granted on a stop. As I said before, I have had people scraping their windshields prior to the end of the stop.

7. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

I just figure if the person driving the car is a police officer, there's no need for the sticker. If you get pulled over, give them your identification and mention you're on the job as well and hope for some professional courtesy. If it's a relative or loved one and they get pulled over, nicely explain that they're related to or have a husband on the job and again, hope for a little leniency.

Then again, I'm not on the job yet and I obviously wasn't around when the start of these stickers came out. So I'm sure at one point in time those stickers served a legitimate purpose.

What are these MPA/SPAM stickers you mention? I can't think of what they look like off the top of my head.

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

9. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

I don't recognize the second one but I've seen the first. What about the FOP stickers? I feel like I see a lot of those too, do people try to use that to get away with stuff?

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I don't care about stickers on cars. They mean shit to me. I get 4 MPA stickers a year. There isn't one of them on my car. I laminate mine anyway, but I stopped displaying it years ago. People sell their cars and leave the stickers on them. I stopped a guy and asked him where he got his (MPA) sticker, and he says "What sticker?" See what I mean?

I give one to my dad, one to my wife's dad one I keep and one goes goes in my locker at work. They mean nothing. You stop a guy with all kinds of "Good guy" stickers on the car, and next thing you know you are locking him up for whatever, finding drugs, guns, or what not in the car.

The more "Police stickers" there are on the car, the more likely they are not police. FOP stickers? Biggest joke there is. You can get one by simply donating to them. Same goes for Mass. Police Chiefs Association stickers.

I will not lie, I mentioned earlier that I have TBL on my car. But I can back it up.

We are pretty good at recognizing if the guy driving the car is Police or not. I can usually spot a cop. It is the way a person conducts him/herself.

If I see some little douche with his flat brimmed baseball cap on sideways, wearing bling around his neck and driving a POS Honda with soup can muffler on it and a TBL, I know he isnt shit.

11. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

+1

Those things just scream, "Hey, look at me! I need to have a roadside conversation with you."

If you are a LEO, then you made it easier for the deviant to know which one needs to be vandalized or has a weapon inside.

Sent from my ADR6300

12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Exactly! This is why I put no stock in r stickers or even badges in wallets. If you don't have a departmental ID to show me, sorry to say I'm keeping it strictly professional, whichever way that goes.

13. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

nothing like a TBL thread to get the old juices going, eh ? :shades_smile:

15. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

So I was in Spencer today and low and behold, a CVPI retired with Fire Fighter memorial plates, rear winshield has TBL and TRL stickers on either side, pushbar up front (the ones mainly on MSP cruisers), and a big fat rejection sticker on it....

16. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Get some Scotch brand packing tape throw a layer over the face of the ID. It's easy to cut the edges even with a knife blade, and you can't even tell it's there at a casual glance.

I had to do this with my old department's ID...my old wallet still had red and blue lines in the ID window three years after I left. :tongue:

Back to the original thread topic...the R isn't for Reject - it's for Retarded.

17. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

FIFY

18. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I've been seeing a lot of those mini TBL stickers on license plates lately. Is there anything more desperately begging to get stopped, or at least get your plate run? Seriously. Any cop isnt going to have such a thing on his plate.

19. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Alas not entirely true. See a lot of em in the parking lot where I work.. Some guys have them, the Mass state outline with a tbl thru it, the shamrock with a tbl thru it; all kinds of nonsense.. Apparently some idiots want their ride fucked with...

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I wrote the same guy (no connection to law enforcement) three times for having a TBL front plate (two-plate series) until he finally got the message.

21. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I refrain from advertising with "cop" stickers on my car. All I have is a small memorial badge sticker that is hard to see that honors a deceased officer that was on my dept.

22. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

The only sticker I'll even ask about is an MPA sticker, and I usually ask "Who's the officer?" Half the time I get a "Huh?" as a response before I move the converstion along without asking any further questions.

I just do my job like I would any other motorist, sticker or not. If you base enforcment decisions entirely based on some stupid sticker they have affixed on the vehicle, you're not doing your job, IMO. Even an Obama bumper sticker, as hard as the urge is...

23. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Obama sticker should be an automatic gig no questions asked.

24. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The Obama sticker isn't legit unless the "coexist" or "tolerance" sticker on the other side of the license plate.

View attachment 2761

25. GMass

GMass Guest

I think I mentioned this before.

Personally, the amount of PD / TBL junk I had on my car was directly and inversely proportionate to my involvement in LE.

The last MPA sticker came off the day before the academy and nothing has gone on since. All I need: (To Coolio's beat) "Got my tin in my hand and a gleam in my eye"....

This isn't a rule for all, but as I walk through my lot at work the TBL / MPA crap on cars is directly proportionate to that officer's douchebaggery and unprofessionalism they display on the job. I'm waiting patiently for hilarity to ensue... for the day that one of these guys is at some court hearing of some sort involving a 90/6 "no front plate" CMVI and the violator or his council shows a nice 8x10 photo of the citing officer's car, TBL in lieu of the front plate.

I have no problem with guys busing balls for 90/6, because so do I. But I don't ride home in a car with a TBL up front and my real plate tossed in the trunk or hanging over my bar at home.