Two TBL stickers compensate for one reject sticker, correct? | MassCops

Two TBL stickers compensate for one reject sticker, correct?

Discussion in 'Whacker Sightings' started by GMass, Aug 17, 2011.

1. GMass

GMass Guest

2. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Who the fuck puts a TBL sticker on their front windshield :unsure:

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Wow some people are just.... Finish the rest on your own.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I think those rules are accurate. Especially if you place them strategically above and below what would cause a gig...

...that's like if you keep an MPA or a SPAM sticker next to an expired reg in the glove box, same rules.

5. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

That's Masscops gold....

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Someone who also has a rejection sticker on their front windshield.

7. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

I sure hope they get some "professional courtesy" ;)

8. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

think the TBL sticker has run it's course.

have seen a few in the visitors parking lot at the prison and they definitely were not LE.

along with old MPA and sheriff stickers there's allot of ex-felons driving around with this stuff on their cars

9. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

I ran a pos car the other night, the sole reason... It was a rat box covered in dirt except for the nice clean area where they affixed a 3 x 5 TBL sticker... Sure enough (REVO/INSC). Overheard the the phone convo for the ride home and tried not to bust out laughing when I heard "the fu&king sticker didn't work" .... Had it not been for the obvious "I'm with you" attempt I probably would not have even ran the plate..

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The only stickers that have ever been on my car have been political or union stickers, all of which came off immediately after the election (political) or the desired result (union).

11. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

There have been a lot more whackerish cars around lately I think. A fairly sharp looking CVPI passed me the other day. Tinted out, TBL, etc. I run the plate, and unfortunately, by the time the listing comes back, he's long gone. Of course, the kid is 19, and has accumulated a 16 item adult BOP.

12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Unless one can show me an agency specific ID (not badge), those stickers don't mean anything to me. BTW, anyone get the new PD statewide ID card? I got mine, at the very least it will prevent whackers from showing something they printed out on their computer and stuck a picture on.

13. Rock

Rock Undefined

Who is issuing those cards?

14. 13B

13B I see you rollin', I'm hatin'

A for effort

15. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I like when they put a tbl sticker on a broken taillight too.

16. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Mass Chiefs of Police Association came up with a standardized ID card for police officers in the state. It looks a lot like a driver's license, white background, your picture, department and your rank. Dept. patch or insignia is in background, like a hologram. I thought it was statewide, but I just checked with one of the Captains and he said participation is voluntary by dept. He knows Boston was the first to get these ID's and it's being picked up by other departments. It is also keyed in on your License to Carry, so it expires the same date as that.

17. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I carry a razor blade scraper just for such moments.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

I am waiting for the day our street whores paste a TBL on their asses.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Or a thin red line to indicate that time of the month....

18. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

Especially since items like badges and patches are just as prevalent as TBL stickers on EBay these days.

Hey, Don't be hatin' on the cheap police ID's! Up until I got my real one a few weeks ago our department issued ID's that were printed on the Chief's office computer, with a picture on it, and stuck in plastic that would rip in a matter of weeks.

They were so cheap, in fact, that I started to go to court in full uniform and duty belt vs. suit so I wouldn't get my balls busted at the entrance by the court officers. Who every time would call another one over and peer over it, not believing for a moment it was real. My standard response, before they could even ask was, "Yes, it's a real ID. If you think that is shoddy you should come see our station. Call upstairs to court officer so and so, he's one of our part-time officers."

I would have been better off with just a TBL in plastic, they were that bad (even new). Thank God those days are over... what a hassle.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

"Mathematics is the supreme judge; from its decisions there is no appeal"...

2TBL + 1CMVI + Q2ONE = ''R-ZER0'' (every time)

Who says cops suck at math? :teeth_smile:

20. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I have accumulated about a half a dozen of ID cards over the years. My Dept. seems to change the look of them whenever the mood strikes. The only thing that changes is the background. They are all on plastic cards accept for the very first one that I got. That one was laminated, but believe it or not, it held up netter than the others. The newer ones fade and transfer the image onto the clear window of my ID case. I have also gone through three badge styles in 14 years. We went from the classic Eagle topped shield to a five point star in a wreath (thank God that only lasted a year or so) to a Boston styled shield. I still like the first one that I had best. It had a custom seal on it in full color.

As far as TBL, I have one. But of course I can back it up like most here. I laugh when I stop a car with a TBL and numb nuts driving has a BOP a mile long. Those TBL seem to magically fall off. The deal is simple, Money Ticket, or you scrape it. Scraping it always wins.

21. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

I got mine a few weeks ago, however our old department ID is still authorized as well.

22. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I'm not sure my Chief even knows about these new Id's. Anyone have any info I can pass onto him?

23. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I just thought they weren't cool anymore, because losers and scumbags caught on... Hence why the Cowboy-mobile is sticker free.

24. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

Is just me or isn't a bad inspection sticker more indicative of a car being a cop's POV than a TBL/MPA sticker?

25. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

. My place rolled them out a couple of months ago. They're pretty generic, and at the top it says "Commonwealth of Massachusetts Police" There's a tiny picture of your department's patch next to your photo, and your department name is in small letters in the middle somewhere. I was in plainclothes the other day, driving an unmarked to a class. I ended up doing a traffic stop on my way home. I had my ID card out so the guy could see it, which he did. While I'm talking to him he says "Are you with CPAC?"

Um. No.

So everybody that was hoping all these years for an MSP/Municipal merger should get the new cards, I guess.