1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

• Nancy Krause
  • Bill Tomison
  • Alex DiPrato
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - Police are investigating after two young men were shot on Lenox Ave. around 9:00 p.m. Sunday night.
20-year-old Miguel Gonzalez and 22-year-old Edward Alvarez were sitting in a car outside Gonzalez's home when they were hit. Gonzalez's sister, Marlin, said her brother immediately called her cell phone.
"He was crying," said Marlin Gonzalez. "He said, oh, please, Marlin, I can't, I can't, I can't call 911."
By the time she arrived at the scene, both men had been taken to the hospital. Police said oth men are in serious condition at Rhode Island Hospital.
Police canvassed the neighborhood for clues on a possible suspect, or a motive. Police Maj. Thomas Oates said the victims are giving detectives some leads in the investigation.
According to the police report, the suspect is about six-feet tall, slim, and wearing a black hoody sweatshirt.
Marlin Gonzalez says her brother really has no problems with anyone, and she doesn't understand who would attack him: "I know my brother. He's never in trouble. He's a good guy."
This is the third shooting in the Lenox Ave. neighborhood in less than a month.
On Oct. 20 a man was shot at the intersection of Lenox and Elmwood Avenues. The victim was in an SUV when someone shot and robbed him.
A few days later on Oct. 23 , Derrick Watson was shot while driving his car near 220 Lenox Ave. He told police three men wearing ski masks pulled up alongside him and fired a handgun.
No word if police think any of these cases are related.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/mobile/local_wpri_providence_lenox_two_men_shot

1 - 1 of 1 Posts