Framingham Police
Christopher Cardona...

Framingham Police
Celso Deoliveira

By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
GHS
Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 12:13 AM

FRAMINGHAM -
A Framingham man told police on Wednesday he never spoke to a man who claimed to be one of his pot customers.
Officers quickly discounted Christopher Cardona's story when they hit the redial button on Celso DeOliveira's cell phone, and Cardona's phone rang, police spokesman Lt. Paul Shastany said.
On the phone with a police officer, Cardona admitted selling marijuana to DeOliveira.
Officer Timothy O'Toole was downtown near Gordon Street around 6:15 p.m. when a man told him people were dealing drugs at a nearby park. There were several complaints recently, so police were watching the area, Shastany said.
O'Toole drove to the park in a marked cruiser and saw Cardona hand drugs to DeOliveira, he said.
"The officer was 15 feet away from these individuals, in full uniform," Shastany said.
DeOliveira drove off, and O'Toole stopped him when he ran a red light.
"(O'Toole) told Celso he saw what he believed to be a drug transaction," said Shastany. "He said, 'Yeah, I did it,' and he handed the officer a corner baggie of marijuana."
Another officer caught up to Cardona, who denied being a drug dealer.
"Cardona said, 'I don't have a job and I'm homeless. I never saw the guy,' " Shastany said.
The officer used DeOliveira's cell phone to call Cardona, who then admitted to selling the drugs.
Cardona, 18, who did not have a listed address, was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, conspiracy to violate state drug laws, possession of a narcotic within 1,000 feet of a playground and possession of a narcotic within 1,000 feet of a school.
Shastany said there is a preschool near the Gordon Street playground.
DeOliveira, 47, of 186 Arthur St., was charged with possession of marijuana and conspiracy to violate state drug laws, police said. He was also cited for running the red light.
Both men pleaded not guilty in Framingham District Court yesterday. Both are due back in court on Sept. 19 for a pretrial conference.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1657300505/Two-men-arrested-in-Framingham-pot-bust

1 - 1 of 1 Posts