Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Does your campus police department have a TV in dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a poll..... :?:

How many Campus Police Departments have Televisions (So that the dispatcher can watch cable television) in their dispatch areas? I understand that "other" or "real" or "municipal" or whatever....have them but that is not the question. Please reply with your Departments name....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
968 Posts
BUSTED,

Construct a better and more understanding poll by using the option on the bottom of the Post New Topic page. This may get you a few more results. Not that sure about everyone listing their departments....wouldn't see why that would help you at all......unless you are trying to have a TV returned to an area you dispatch. :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Hampshire College: BRAND NEW DIGITAL FLATSCREEN 8)
Westfield State: Newly isntalled but usually too busy to watch :? the TV doubles as the booking room monitor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is more for informational purposes than for a poll. Just curious. My department is against having one so I am curious if anyone else is in that boat.

Thanks again!

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
shawnr76 said:
BUSTED,

Construct a better and more understanding poll by using the option on the bottom of the Post New Topic page.
Shawnr,

FYI new members with less than 30 posts are restricted from creating polls.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Regis College Police - Yes, we have a TV w/cable.

MGH Police - Yes, we have a TV w/cable, but often too busy to really watch... it's good to watch games though to keep up with the scores...

·
Registered
447 Posts
TV in DIspatch

All dispatch centers wether police, fire, ems, campus or such should have a tv. Not because it is slow or we want to keep up on the football game but for news and weather.

There were too many incidents during 9/11/01 and during some other serious events (natural) where dispatchers were getting called left and right and they had no idea what was going on.

Wether the chief or director like it or not dispatchers also act as an information center during major events and we most know what is going on. I have worked through 9/11 and a small earth quake and other major things like Noreasters. If I did not have the news on there would have been a lot of panic calls I would not have been able to answer questions for. This creates even more panic and yes chaos.

·
Registered
393 Posts
We got a small tv at the college and a nice big tv w/ cable and vcr in the town I dispatch for. :D They really do give you a lot of info especially if there is something big going on you need to keep updated on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Brandeis had no TV and they never will as long as the current staff is in place. At Brandeis they took away ALL internet access, all games on the computers, no TV, (except for that they dont know we had small TVs that we brought in when certain people werent around". Last I heard, they are trying to get rid off all cell phones in dispatch. They want all people working the desk to read the department memos, and department related reading material. No personal reading or crossword puzzles. They didn't want the desk officer to be distracted should some proffessor or student walk in the lobby to say that there battery died in their car and they need a jump start. So in conclusion, Brandeis has no TV and no fun is allowed either. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
tomahawk said:
WPI Police does not have a TV in the dispatch room.

-Mike
No, they don't, but there is one in the room right next door. I've noticed disps tend to hang around in the doorway b/w the 2 rooms.

Every disp should have an internet connection and a TV for fast access to important information.

:eek:t: I've heard many instances at WPI where dispatchers have tracked down students (for whatever reason) using "finger" to find out if they were currently logged on to their account and where from!

-Eric

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
[quote="LeadDog172

Every disp should have an internet connection and a TV for fast access to important information.

-Eric[/quote]

and becuase the job can be wicked F*%king boring and cable TV and internet are good ways to kill time. Whos shitting who here. I hope you guys are just saying the "access to important information" to please the bosses. :ninja:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.