Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tufts-New England Medical Center of Boston is currently hiring for Full and Part time Public Safety Officer positions. Interested parties should contact Gus Neiwenhous, P.S. Director or Mike Jacobs, Operations Manager for full details at 617-636-7700 M/F 8am-4pm. You can also visit their website at www.Tufts-NEMC.org for job postings and descriptions. T-NEMC is accessible to the Orange line. They are located in downtown Boston, 750 Washington Street, Boston MA 02111. Experience is helpful.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Re: Tufts-New England Medical Center Public Safety Employmen

Hey Rob, can you say Dairy Queen?? =D>

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts

Do they mean "Public Safety Officers" as in hospital police or just security? I applied over there because I'm stuck with security and other basic jobs till I hear from Middlesex Sheriff's office or some other LE department, which will probably not come till mid or late 2005. I also saw a patch collection that had one labeled NEMC police unless I remember wrong.

I have an interview scheduled with them this Thursday. If they're not police are they at least professional?

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts

They are "Public Safety" over there. The old patch said "police" however when the new director took over he wanted it to say Public Safety. As far as what you will do there, its alot of unlocking doors, they have detex wands, fire drills, and sitting the E-Room doing restraints. night shift I hear they do some Police Work but from what I understand police work is frowned upon. I know a few guys over there. Generaly I dont think you would like it if you want to get into Law Enforcement but its only my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

That's is true...It is a Security job at a hospital. What else would you think is was Union. Unlocks and lockups are a reality to all campus jobs...including yours...And as far as telling someone that they wouldn't like the job...well...just because you didn't like it there dose not mean that another person wont. Stick to your job and let other people find out if they like it or not. The post is to assist a person if they need a job...not a bashing session! :x Please don't tell me that your job is not more of a security job than a police department. Your boss frowns on all arrest from what I have been told...END

Posted Sun Dec 05, 19:08:

For all who want to know...The patch says Tufts-NEMC Public Safety and so does the State like badge until you get deputized after being there for a period of time. At that time it displays POLICE OFFICER. Light blue shirt, regular police style pants with the BPD stripe and they are able to carry O.C. if they hold a certificate of training and a F.I.D. card. Its a busy place but not bad. Most of the guys are good people, some are not so up for the job...but what agency dose not have the same scenario...Hope this helps anyone who is interested. Good luck....No bells or frills...just a job like most of us....

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts

Everyone involved with this post, All I want to know is this.

1. Will I recieve a decent income
2. Will I be given a good character reference if I show good work performance and leave on good terms?
3. Will I be working with professional people I can rely on?
I mean basic professional people that are smart not to do things like....

*act like they have the mentality and IQ of a kid in middle school
* wear their uniforms untucked and 10 times their original size
*sit in the office and dream about some fantasy neverland while I and other good employees bust our balls filling out incident reports and respond to everything that needs done.
*Do or Say things to people that are stupid such as randomly ask people to fight them or say "will you f*** me" in spanish to spanish speaking employees
* Steal from lost and found and take out $2000 from the victims bank account to spend on video games and rap cd's.
* bring back problem employees who were fired for doing stuff like this to cover for shifts that need to be filled, or selecting new ones that are obviously potential problems.
*embarass and humiliate their coworkers and make them ashamed that they are associated with these people

If this is yes which Im guessing it most likely is, then I'm perfectly fine with NEMC unless I'm offered something better later on. Im asking because I want to avoid working with problems and employees like those mentioned above as I have in my current job. I suppose any type of LE offical "campus, muni, CO, or basic security " will not be interested in having people like this as your fellow officer or even worse...as a supervisor, so Im guessing you understand my concerns. Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts

:D

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts

Posted Sun Dec 05, 19:08:

For all who want to know...The patch says Tufts-NEMC Public Safety and so does the State like badge until you get deputized after being there for a period of time. At that time it displays POLICE OFFICER. Light blue shirt, regular police style pants with the BPD stripe and they are able to carry O.C. if they hold a certificate of training and a F.I.D. card. Its a busy place but not bad. Most of the guys are good people, some are not so up for the job...but what agency dose not have the same scenario...Hope this helps anyone who is interested. Good luck....No bells or frills...just a job like most of us....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds a lot like Cambridge Health Alliance, doesn't seem like MGH or BIDMC but that's perfectly ok.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts

Channy1984 @ Sun 05 Dec said:
Everyone involved with this post, All I want to know is this.

1. Will I recieve a decent income
2. Will I be given a good character reference if I show good work performance and leave on good terms?
3. Will I be working with professional people I can rely on?
I mean basic professional people that are smart not to do things like....

*act like they have the mentality and IQ of a kid in middle school
* wear their uniforms untucked and 10 times their original size
*sit in the office and dream about some fantasy neverland while I and other good employees bust our balls filling out incident reports and respond to everything that needs done.
*Do or Say things to people that are stupid such as randomly ask people to fight them or say "will you f*** me" in spanish to spanish speaking employees
* Steal from lost and found and take out $2000 from the victims bank account to spend on video games and rap cd's.
* bring back problem employees who were fired for doing stuff like this to cover for shifts that need to be filled, or selecting new ones that are obviously potential problems.
*embarass and humiliate their coworkers and make them ashamed that they are associated with these people
1. Pay is about 13 an hour to start give or take.
2. I would assume you would get one. I dont know why a department would give anyone a bad reference if they were a problem child. Their Captain is a good guy and he probly would be the one doing it.
3. Professional..... Some of them
Reliable.... as in coming to work everyday? Yea.... However I would be scared for my future wife and children if I had to count on some of the guys for backup.

Rob yer right.. I should not say not to go for it. When I make that statement It is being made as my opinion. If you want to go for it go... But if its not what you think make sure you have something to fall back on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

CHANNY,
UNION 1 is right about the facts. Like any medical center job, you have your + and - so you weigh them out. If it is a job that you need, well they have plenty of openings. I think that it is a good stepping stone while you investigate new LE jobs and who knows...you may turn out to even like it. I know one thing, there is one supervisor over there that is really good people and he would be there in a fraction of a second if any of the officers were in trouble. He has earned a good rep over there ( Right UNION 1 ). The only thing with him is that he is on part time. Anyway...good luck with the whole T-NEMC thing. I'm done :wink:

·
Registered
160 Posts

I know one thing, there is one supervisor over there that is really good people and he would be there in a fraction of a second if any of the officers were in trouble.
Make that 2 part time supervisors...Nibblet*ts...

·
Registered
15 Posts

And a few SH&%Y ones like "Well Rob...you see...it's like this!"....lol

Thats true Sauce...... 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.