Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been getting TTY test calls from the state E911 (SETB) lately?

I have not received any since August. I work full time on second shift and it seems strange to go this long with out a TTY test call

·
Registered
147 Posts
use to work 9-1-1 and use to get them all the time on last half(Mids) . They always called my shift and harldy the other shifts I talked to the same person 5 different times over a 3 or 4 month periord. Plus they always seemed to call when we were busy ie police chase and working fire.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I still get them around 3am when I am trying to check the back of my eye lids for holes. :D I always type back I got something going on and they never seem to mind.

·
Registered
371 Posts
We get them on a regular basis. God forbid you miss one! My Chief got a nasty gram from the state wanting to know WHY we didn't answer :spank: . I told him we answered, they just didn't answer back! :wink:

*Tip* If you have two dispatchers on at the same time, only one should press the TTY button otherwise you can accidentally dump the call. :2c:

·
Registered
8 Posts
It doesn't even take 2 dispatchers to dump the call. We were having a problem because we kicked the TTY in at the same time the caller did which had the effect of knocking us out. This resulted in us failing the test calls. I called SETB to find out what was going on since I was the one it was happening to and I know I was answereing the calls. Since then the test caller has waited until we kick the TTY in.

·
Registered
561 Posts
We still get them fairly often... I have never had them activate the TTY feature first, I thought it was part of the "test" to know you had to hit the button on your end.

-Mike

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is, You're supposed to answer the two-way line w/ your std. greeting. After no answer, stand by while I check the TTY, then they usually will start typing after your E911/Police/Fire/EMS dialogue goes out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! Had one yesterday morning around 0530 hrs as I was walking by one of our APUs. This particular one is one of 3 APUs and is not used at all, especially for TTY. Well I used it, got the silent call, activated the TTY, pulled out the keyboard and sent the usually messages out. When it came to start typing with the keyboard half of the letters started sticking down and I need to pull out my pocket knife to pry them back up.

Apparently someone had spilled something in the keyboard (probably years ago) and made me look like a blubbering idiot (be nice :lol: )..

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
the tty people are fantastic i like to keep my tty skills in tip top shape thank you so much and keep up the good work and we get them all the time

·
Registered
102 Posts
We still get them alot, kind of odd since August? hmm hey i would just wait you will get one sooner or later.

·
1,334 Posts
NBPD said:
We still get them alot, kind of odd since August? hmm hey i would just wait you will get one sooner or later.
They always call at about 0430 to 0600... almost every other week or so, and get the same dispatcher who is very very proficent. They must have my department stuck in their speed dial. And so early too... I think they need to get some sleep. :sleep:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.