Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama Pushes for Life Sentence for Man Who Stole Teleprompter

(PP)- Thursday President Barack Hussein Obama took a day off from golfing to attend a court hearing for a career criminal who stole a truck containing the President's much needed teleprompter.
Eric Brown of Richmond, Va., was sentenced to seven years in federal prison after Obama made an impassioned plea to the court asking that Brown spend the rest of his life in prison. Obama had earlier made claims that the theft was a treasonous act.

Sentencing guidelines called for a term of only three years, but Brown was given the longer sentence to appease President Obama who had offered the judge a seat on the Supreme Court if he would send a serious message to other criminals that the Presidential teleprompter was out of bounds.
"The theft of government property is a serious offense," Assistant U.S. Attorney Roderick Young said in court on behalf of Obama. "It's all the more serious when the property belongs to the White House Communications Agency.
The seriousness of the crime was elevated after President Obama was required to give a campaign speech without the teleprompter after it was stolen, and just prior to last November's election.
"I've never seen any man more afraid to go onstage in my life," said a Democrat National Committee official. "People didn't know whether to laugh or cry."
"I fought for three years in Afghanistan with teen-aged soldiers, watched two men be put to death on the electric chair, and I was there when John Edwards confessed that he cheated on his wife who had cancer. But not one of those men had to wear a diaper because they were as afraid as Obama was to speak without his beloved teleprompter."
Many American's remember the President's speech without the teleprompter as the time he praised the work of the Unabomber and admitted that he likes to play "dress up" with his daughters.
The Palookaville Post has learned that the technicians who handle the set up, tear down and care for the teleprompter gave it the nickname, "The Safety Net," after Obama's near meltdown.
The $17 trillion national debt the President has hoisted on future generations signals that Obama may not care about providing a real safety net for the American people.

Ace Cub Reporter Jimmy Olsentwins

Posted in: Ace Cub Reporter Jimmy Olsentwins

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Virginia man gets seven years in prison for stealing Obama's teleprompter

President Obama's teleprompter may be more valuable than even his biggest critics claim. After all, a man who stole Obama's teleprompter was sentenced to seven years in federal prison.
"The theft of government property is a serious offense," Assistant U.S. Attorney Roderick Young said during Virginia resident Eric Brown's sentencing hearing. "It's all the more serious when the property belongs to the White House Communications Agency."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...en-years-prison-stealing-obama-012833191.html

G

·
I hate Obama as much as anyone, but I don't believe for a second that Obama made an "impassioned plea" for a life sentence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.