Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I verify if an indiviual is in fact a retired Mass State Trooper as he claims to be. He has recently begun dating a member of my family and I would like to make sure he is on the up and up.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Call him a punk ass bitch. If you walk away with all your teeth, he's not a cop (retired or otherwise) let alone a trooper...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Go to the boston herald website and look up the state pensioners payroll. It will show his name, pension, and department in MA he worked for.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Would the site actually show that? Another easy thing to do is do a newspaper search as long as he doesn't have a common last name, his or her name should pop up because once in their long career as a mass state trooper, they would have been involved in some incident. This is available through your local library's site.

There is also a man named Spenser (with an S) he lives on Beacon Hill in an old fire station. He also can help you.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
How do I verify if an indiviual is in fact a retired Mass State Trooper as he claims to be. He has recently begun dating a member of my family and I would like to make sure he is on the up and up.
Enforcement Odyessey and its sequel book have every Trooper who graduated an RTT listed going back to 1921.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Show him your Guy Glodis Junior Detective badge. Tell him you want to see his cree-dentials.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
Do you check the credentials of everyone your family members date or just retired Troopers? There has to be more to this. And if there is more to it then how about asking questions about that? What makes you think they are making it up and why? Tell me this, is that the make or break as to whether or not you'll accept this person? I think you're full of sh**, how 'bout that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is actually the first time but, considering he is 30 and retired and its not medically related....instant red flag.

·
Subscribing Member
214 Posts
At one time, you could be hired at 19 yrs of age! There were guys on the job that were not old enough to drink. FYI

·
Registered
779 Posts
Maybe he "retired" from an RTT class?
What does he do for a living now? That might help you out.

FAARRR more likely a story.....30 and out with no medical??...
I'd be concerned if he's digging ditches....

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
did he say "trooper" ?

there was a guy hanging out at the local store24 years ago telling everybody he was a "state cop"

turns out he was a security guard in town with a SSPO badge :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
did he say "trooper" ?

there was a guy hanging out at the local store24 years ago telling everybody he was a "state cop"

turns out he was a security guard in town with a SSPO badge :)
About a month or two ago one of the guys I know calls me asking if I knew a guy that was hagning around a local package store wearing an MSP sweatshirt and carrying a rather flashy gun. He told me the name it didn't ring any bells so I asked around and come to find out the guy was in no way leo on any end and just an all around R 0. You've got to wonder why people try pulling that type of stuff they must have an idea it'll catch up to them in the long run.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts