Trooper shot overnight during a traffic stop. | MassCops

Trooper shot overnight during a traffic stop.

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Articles' started by RodneyFarva, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:29 PM.

1. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

blob:https://www.wcvb.com/ecc67e2e-98b0-4134-9275-e0731af55434

BARNSTABLE, Mass. —

Law enforcement on Cape Cod are looking for one or more suspects after a Massachusetts State Police trooper was shot overnight during a traffic stop.

The shooting occurred during a traffic stop shortly after 11:30 p.m. on Camp Street in Barnstable, not far from Cape Cod Hospital, state police said.
    A news photographer who heard the situation reported over the radio was first to arrive. Video shows him encountering the wounded trooper, who had a wound to his hand, and offering first aid.

Before the photographer could render aid, another trooper arrived and rushed the injured trooper to the hospital. State police said he was then taken by ambulance to a Boston hospital.

“The suspect vehicle fled after the shooting. A search is ongoing for the occupant or occupants of the vehicle,” spokesman Dave Procopio said.

The trooper’s injuries were not life threatening.

2. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

3. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Video from reporter first on scene minutes after the initial radio call

RodneyFarva likes this.
  4. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Recent grad of the 85th got one in the hand and chest (vest caught it). That's a great way to start your career, victim of an attempted murder.

Sooty likes this.
  5. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

JEEZUS!
    I wonder what was in that car besides a gun? Glad Trooper survived

Sooty likes this.
  7. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

RUMINT has the shooter as an individual who’s been Locked up plenty (and as recently as within 30 days for gun charges)
    And naturally, is out of incarceration

Goose, Sooty and mpd61 like this.
  8. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Let me guess "prison just isn't working for him" :mad:

Goose, mpd61 and visible25 like this.
  9. mpd61

Naturally! We have to make sure he's home for the Holidays right? UN-PHUKIN REAL!!!!!!:mad:

10. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Impossible, there's a mandatory 1 yr minimum.. :)

PPD54, Goose, Sooty and 1 other person like this.
  11. mpd61

Worcester Telegram May 2014:
    In 1975, Massachusetts made a promising move with passage of the Bartley-Fox Amendment, which provided for a mandatory year in jail for anyone illegally carrying a gun.
    The law’s impact was never significant, in part because many who might have gotten a year in prison instead plea-bargained their way to lesser penalties. Very few were or are prosecuted under Bartley-Fox, although the law is still on the books.
    And between 1998, when Massachusetts passed another comprehensive set of gun-control laws, to 2011, gun-related deaths increased from 65 per year to 122 per year.
    That increase cannot be clearly ascribed to any one factor, and Massachusetts has one of the nation’s lowest rates of gun violence. But the figures suggest the controls did not work as expected.
    Massachusetts’ gun laws today are so complex that, without the guidance of experts, they seem more likely to land law-abiding citizens in trouble than to put any hard-core criminals behind bars.

I couldn't agree more

Truck and Goose like this.
  12. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Sounds similar to the Gannon incident huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooty likes this.
  13. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

The state has failed us once again. He already got his perp walk, let his next interaction with the law be his last.

PPD54 likes this.