·
Drunk Bastard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know more about this? Very sad :(

State Trooper killed in single car crash

Wed Jul 23, 2008, 08:02 AM EDT

Hingham -
A State Police trooper died today after his car hit a tree in Hingham, police said.
Police did not release the man's name, but said that he was not on duty when the accident happened at about 12:30 a.m.
The man was alone in a car that left the road and struck a tree near the intersection of Central Street and Emerald Street, police said.
Hingham police said the State Police barracks in Framingham would be issuing a press release this morning.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Breaking News

Off-duty trooper killed in Hingham crash

By Don Conkey
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Jul 23, 2008 @ 06:28 AM
Last update Jul 23, 2008 @ 08:03 AM

HINGHAM -
A State Police trooper died today after his car hit a tree in Hingham, police said.
Police did not release the man's name, but said that he was not on duty when the accident happened at about 12:30 a.m.
The man was alone in a car that left the road and struck a tree near the intersection of Central Street and Emerald Street, police said.
Gib Brady, who lives on Bradford Road, said he could see the crash scene through a window of his house.
"I saw what looked like a gray sedan. It seemingly hit a tree and spun and went through a portion of my neighbor's wooden fence," he said.
"There were about three fire trucks, two ambulances, four or five police cars. They were doing some aggressive work to get into the car," Brady said.

http://www.patriotledger.com/homepa...2/Off-duty-trooper-killed-in-Hingham-accident

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Off-Duty Trooper Killed In Car Crash

Porter Was Honored For Rescue In 2006

Gregory Porter

BOSTON -- State police are mourning the death of an off-duty trooper killed in a single-car crash in Hingham early Wednesday.

Officials said the trooper, identified as Gregory K. Porter, 33, of Hingham, was driving his personal vehicle, a 2000 Hyundai Elantra, when he struck a tree at the intersection of Central and Emerald streets. He was taken to South Shore Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Porter joined the State Police in 2002, and was honored for his role in rescuing the victim of a motor vehicle accident in the town of Bourne in 2006.
On that day, Porter and several other officers, at risk to their own safety, extricated a driver from a vehicle that had driven off the road and burst into flames.

"There is a profound sadness among the troops today, as we deal with the tragic death of one of our own," said Colonel Mark F. Delaney, Superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police.

Porter is survived by his wife and two children, his parents, and three brothers, state police said.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16964249/detail.html

·
Registered
367 Posts
RIP Trooper Porter! Your service was short but heroic and dedicated. May God comfort your family in their time of grief.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rest in peace Trooper and to all your Family, Friends, Officers, and The Massachusetts State Troopers my deepest condolences.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
RIP Trooper

·
Super Moderator
7,134 Posts
RIP.

Was this the same Trooper that got into a fairly bad on-duty MVA a few years ago when a driver made an illegal U-Turn on Route 2 in the Lincoln/Concord area and hit him...or am I thinking of another Trooper out of Concord?

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts
frank; Trooper Porter was involved in a serious multi-car accident (I think it was 3 cars) on duty in 2004/2005 on Rt 2. I dont remember the specifics but it's probably what you are thinking of.

RIP Trooper.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts