Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raynham: A state trooper Saturday cut a 6 year old boy free from a seat belt tangled around his neck in a vehicle on Interstate 495. Massachusetts State Trooper Robert Plante came upon the boy Timothy Clougher of Waltham after his mother Karin called 911. Trp Plante cut the seat belt which was wrapped around the boy's neck and freed him leaving him a bit shaken but with only red marks on his neck. His mother declined additional medical attention.

"Good Job Trp Plante"

We LEOs learn much from other officers mistakes but we can also learn from other officers successes. I suggest you carry a folding knife on your belt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent work Trooper Plante!!! :D

As a side note, do most departments have policies with regards to carrying knives or other tools on duty (like a 'Leatherman') :?: I know it was discussed some time ago, but most of the posts were about the legality of knife length and type.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,715 Posts
The majority of my patrol mates carry a "seat belt" removal tool. It is just that a tool. NOT a weapon. It also effectively cleans under the fingernails and removes irish pennants from the uniform.
:wink:

·
Registered
410 Posts
As I sit here in MOPP level 4, I realized that my govt. issue Gerber Multi-plier pocket tool I wear on my duty belt is, in my opinion, more versatile than a S&W pocket knife. But that's my opinion......(choke-choke-choke) :roll:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,715 Posts
RPD931 @ 21 Jul 2004 11:05 said:
Just out of curiosity... how did the seat belt "tangle" around his neck? :shock:
Ever hang around with a six-year-old for any length of time buddy?
:roll:

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RPD931 @ Wed 21 Jul said:
Just out of curiosity... how did the seat belt "tangle" around his neck? :shock:
Probably because the mother of the little brat never disciplined him to sit still in the car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Irish Wampanoag @ Fri 23 Jul 2004 00:19 said:
RPD931 @ Wed 21 Jul said:
Probably because the mother of the little brat never disciplined him to sit still in the car.
Is there more info about this case which hasn't been shared with the rest of the group? How do you know he is a brat or that his mother failed to teach him good discipline?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.