Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Taunton wants to put back all the folks that were laid off. Good luck to them and congrats!

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I think the two that came over to Attleboro are staying, not 100% on that but they seem to have settled in at APD. Taunton's loss they are two great guys!

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yeah, I think one that went to Walpole PD is all set too... I think she's pretty happy there. So maybe Taunton PD will need to do some hiring again... :?:

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read that the mayor is asking for five officers at Tuesday's council meeting. Not sure if that many will return, but it is great news for those who do. Does this signal economic recovery in Taunton?

G

·
I think the deadline for the five to accept to comeback to Taunton is tomorrow 12/15. Any idea on where any of them stand?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: re: TPD Call Backs

blitz31 said:
I think the deadline for the five to accept to comeback to Taunton is tomorrow 12/15.
Correct me if Im wrong, but actually its probably about nine years from now when the "deadline" is up to accept their old jobs back, according to Civil Service .

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Yes it is the 15th, I think we are loosing one of them..... :( He is a great guy and they way I look at it he did us a favor and we did him one for the time he was with us but I believe he will be going back to Taunton. Hopefully they take care of him this time. Supposedly Taunton has seen the light at the end of the fiscal tunnel and actually have some cash for the PD. Only time will tell................

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I hear tell that only two have signed the list, so I guess they will be taking at least three from the reserve list. Yes 40th, Mike made the official announcement yesterday.... :( Taunton is lucky they got him back, he is a great guy, he jumped right in and gave 110% the entire time here. I guess he still has a few more weeks before he heads back to TPD.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is great for Mike. Gosh things must be turning around in Taunton if they're putting all those folks on. The Plymouth Academy is coming up soon or will they go somewhere else? T? Talk about a great New Year!!
:)

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently the other officer is returning from Middleboro. Out of the five available officers to return apparently only two signed the list. The remaining three may come from their reserve list. Stay glued to your sets--don't touch that dial!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mitpo62";p="51374 said:
Apparently the other officer is returning from Middleboro. Out of the five available officers to return apparently only two signed the list. The remaining three may come from their reserve list. Stay glued to your sets--don't touch that dial!
Just a question, Why dont they take other people from the layoff list?

G

·
They take the officers from the city's layoff recall list first, then it goes to the state layoff recall list, and then the city reserve list. Just read an editorial in the Taunton Gazette that stated if local aid isn't increased next fiscal year, Taunton may see the same cuts again. Nothing like starting threats again with public safety. I don't think they will ever get it.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Well they have $$ from somewhere one of the guys I work with is a P/I in Taunton and he is gearing up for the PAT.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gearing up? Gosh, I wasn't aware that cards had been sent out already. Geez that was fast!

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Let me be more specific, did not ask if he got a card, but working there I guess he knows more than us. He said they are gonna take 2 of the PI that have the F/T academy him being one of em. So he knows its coming and he is getting ready, sorry for the confusion.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to stir the rumor mill pot, but I do believe they are sending three to the upcoming Boylston Academy. Imagine that.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Three are going to Boylston later this month. In fact they've already had their physicals and are awaiting the next PAT exam. Now the curious part. This was all done BEFORE anyone signed the reserve roster list and received cards. How the heck did that happen? Is that proper? Any clues Gil?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.