Town of Westborough: Police Officer | Page 7 | MassCops

Town of Westborough: Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by a76589, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Pali Kamaaina

Pali Kamaaina MassCops Member

OK, I understand people's frustration, however.... In the application form it clearly states that there will be a written test, followed by a physical agility test, oral board, physical, psyche etc. If you sign up to take the test and are out of shape, have issues with your background, then how can you be upset about not making it through the process. The test was administered and those who passed went to the PAT. During the instructions at the PAT it states that if you fail one of the exercise's you fail. It is frustrating not to get the position, however don't give up, keep going, keep applying if this is what you really want, keep going. Go to a different state, don't hold yourself back by looking in one state. The interviews are this week 12/5 - 12/7, good luck to all that have gotten to this point!!

2. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Cowboy, he just called you a frail, unathletic biatch...

3. 5-0

5-0 Guest

How do you explain people who scored well on the test, and passed their PAT not getting an interview?

-Sent from my Incredible 2 using technology beyond all of your pea-brains.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Pali Kamaaina - "Ummmm.....let me talk to my political connection to see what the party line is, and I'll get back to you".

5. Pali Kamaaina

Pali Kamaaina MassCops Member

5-0 who know's?? When has everyone who has taken a test for a police position ever felt as if they were not wronged by not going on to the next phase. So many times I took a test, etc., and felt that I was a walk in to the next phase and got the thanks, but no thanks letter. It's frustrating no doubt, but keep trying.

6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Biting my tongue so hard it's squirting blood...

7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Pali Kamaaina:

Where did you guys and gals apply Westbourgh, HI ??????

Time to kick some ass cowboy !!!!!

8. 5-0

5-0 Guest

You said in your OP that everyone knew the process up front. They took the PT and were told what their standard was to pass. They knew on the spot if they passed PT or not. They should have gotten interview....unless... there was a hidden standard they were not aware of. Are you aware of it?

-Sent from my Incredible 2 using technology beyond all of your pea-brains.

9. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

El oh el.... Not everybody can be a tough bastard bwahahahahahaha!!!

10. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

Just hypothetically, lets say they had a couple of applicants with F/T MPOC and municipal experience. If I were the hiring authority I would interview them first and then if none of them panned out I would then look at applicants without the training and experience. Why interview everybody if there are clear front runners in the applicant pool?

11. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Fine with me. Be upfront and honest about the process before you take people's $ in this economy... or better yet, stop hedging your bets with people who don't have the academy filling out your testing pool.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

12. Irishpride

In the posting it says preference will be given to academy certified/experienced candidates. How could they be more upfront and honest?

13. 5-0

5-0 Guest

If only certified and experienced people got interviews, I would agree with you. I bet that's nada the case.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

sorry to hear that cowboy.

keep taking them.

think the DOC is still hiring.

come to the dark side :skull:

15. Irishpride

I understand and sympathize. it took me 7 years to finally get on the job. I'm just saying until all the details are known there are a lot of variables as to who gets interviewed and who doesn't

16. billr277

billr277 New Member

Anyone hear anything? I heard they were going to interview 20 out of the 50 or so that passed the PAT and were going to narrow it to 5 or 6. Good luck to those in the running!

17. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

I heard that they selected the last five candidates.. Good luck to all

18. Irishpride

So what your basically saying is academy certified applicants with relevant experience were hired. I really have no problem with that at all. The posting said certified officers would get preference and they did, no surprise here. It sucks that non-certified applicants wasted money to take the test but the posting was pretty clear, it was a gamble that no certified candidates would put in for it, and it didn't pay off.