Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts
G

·
I work for a non-cs pd that had not put anyone through an academy in 15 years. Although every opening clearly states that academy trained candidates are strongly preferred, non-certified candidates can apply. I know of several very strong non-trained candidates that did not apply to a recent round of several openings a couple of years ago because the "knew" that they did not have a shot. After the town received the applications, all of the certified applicants had weak backgrounds. We ended up putting people through the academy. Several strong candidates who were town residents were upset becasue they did not apply becasue they assumed they wouldn't get through the first round.
As I've said, your chances of being hired for a job are exactly 0% if you don't apply.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Other than my score I have no credentials haha. So i'm hoping I get lucky.
As an officer you learn that credentials don't mean shit in the long run. I work with retired SEALs that are terrible patrol officers and I work with guys who had no prior experience before they got on the job who are great officers.

Keep your head up, be positive, jump through the hoops and I'm sure you will get your shot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Based on 2 other test scores that I know of that were higher than mine. There's at least 3 of us from here moving on to the PAT. Anyone else? Good Luck to everyone involved.

·
5,985 Posts
I have not received my score yet WTF?! I know they are looking for academy trained / certified / experienced officers. Hopefully they dont discard individuals that may not scored that high but have what they are looking for..Who knows I guess..
You should contact Chief Gordon with your concerns.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think that everyone who passed the test (meaning scored above the "passing" mark, which I assume was 70) got called to take the PAT. I hope I am wrong but my buddy scored a 91 and he got called to take the PAT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Officer9788:629567 said:
I think that everyone who passed the test (meaning scored above the "passing" mark, which I assume was 70) got called to take the PAT. I hope I am wrong but my buddy scored a 91 and he got called to take the PAT.
A little surprised if that's the case. I would certainly hope anyone who takes that test would score a 70.

·
Registered
64 Posts
From my experience testing in NH a lot of people struggle with the Cooper standard tests. Ive seen the numbers thinned out significantly after the PAT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a 96.5 on the test but I shant be taking the PAT test. Probably because I'm so outta shape... Am I the only one here who thinks taking all these tests and such are a little much for guys who are fully trained and who are already full time police officers? Probably...

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
I got a 96.5 on the test but I shant be taking the PAT test. Probably because I'm so outta shape... Am I the only one here who thinks taking all these tests and such are a little much for guys who are fully trained and who are already full time police officers? Probably...
Yep. Probably because guys like myself, who AREN'T academy trained, have to score well on these tests and pass the PT to have the slightest chance of getting hired. You're already on the job... Tests like this are my opportunity to finally get hired.

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
...ah nevermind

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

G

·
Yep. Probably because guys like myself, who AREN'T academy trained, have to score well on these tests and pass the PT to have the slightest chance of getting hired. You're already on the job... Tests like this are my opportunity to finally get hired.
Better luck next time bro. 95 is a good score. Don't beat yourself up.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
A word to the wise for anyone who takes ANY police exam (not just this one)....don't even consider what other people post as their test score, still follow through with every phase of the hiring process, unless you get the "thanks, but no thanks" letter.Anyone can be anyone or any thing on the Internet. "I got a 100 on the Westborough PD test, I have a Harvard law degree as well as a Ph.D. in Criminology, I'm a veteran of 3 wars with the Medal of Honor along with 4 Purple Hearts, I'm a paramedic who is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and 3 different Chinese dialects".See how easy it is?I'm not suggesting that anyone here is lying about their score, I'm just telling everyone to stick with the process until the bitter end. There has been some attempts at "thinning the herd" here before.
Just so you all know Delta took this whole thing from my resume and then added my actual score to it!!!! Really no point in any of you continuing with your pursuit of this position. I've got this one in the bag!!!!

81 - 100 of 170 Posts