Town of Westborough: Police Officer | Page 5 | MassCops

Town of Westborough: Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by a76589, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

I think you are all mistaken.

View attachment 3190

2. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I believe this pic was taken before the lawsuit and the town councils ruling after the huge settlement they had to pay out. Although I do believe that part of the ruling was that the K9 guys still carry but they can only use the gun if the dog is getting out of control with a taxpayer.

3. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

So if the dog gets out of control they get to shoot a taxpayer? Sweeeeeeet.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Don't laugh....former Braintree Police Chief John Polio said back in the 70's that he would take the guns away from his officers if he could.

Until 2 of them were shot in seperate incidents, less than a week apart.

5. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Ok this friggin post just completely ruined my mood and my busting of officer9788's balls......

6. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

You know, things could have changed since that pic was taken 15 years ago...... :yellowcarded:

7. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Did some research and the verdict is in. Westborough PD DOES in fact carry firearms. :smug:

8. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

You were naive enough to actually do the research? C'mon man! They were just breaking stones!

9. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

Wow.....

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Did you ever really doubt they do?

11. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! dude! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

12. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

PAT test complete. Congrats to those who passed, and to those who didn't, nice try. Now we all wait on that ever important call!

13. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Or E-mail.....

14. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Or email..

Has anyone gone through the process with a non-civil town? There were about 60 of us who are moving on, how many do you think will get called for the interviews? Do they base it on experience, or test score? My friend is #1 on the list, do you think he will be called in?

15. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

WHAT list? They didn't say anything about a list or standings...?

16. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Lol obviously you aren't too observant Cowboy. The list where we checked in. It was set up by highest score to lowest from the test. Hence ppl at the top got the highest score. So, can you answer my question?

17. Pvt. Cowboy

There were about 4 "number 1's on the list," considering they broke down the groups by age bracket and sex. Yeah, I'm clearly not too observant...

According to the LT, he said that they will look at test scores, and our resumes, and then start calling people for interviews. So there is a possibility someone may not be called if his resume isn't up to par.

18. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

18-29, 30+ and Women. 3 Lists. The 18-29 Had probably 50 people so that would be the list that most concerns me. Half of both other groups were DQ'd. I think I may get a call. How do you feel about yourself? Are you academy trained?

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Finishing that degree seems like a pretty good decision right about now, I bet?

20. Pvt. Cowboy

Hahaha yes sir it was!

21. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Scores only get your foot into the interview door. They can then look at resume's and see who has been working toward the career at hand, seeing who has education and/or experience. There are usually a good number of people that eliminate themselves through their resume's. Where you land on the scoring list doesn't really give you an extreme edge, just as long as it get you to the next level.

22. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

I like your answer. We will see how everything goes. But good luck to all..kinda ;)

23. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Of course it's good luck to all. What's meant to be will be and if Westborough decides that you are not what they are looking for then of course it's good luck to the remaining applicants. Even though there are a number of us competing for the same position, I wish you all the best of luck because I know what my capabilities are and I don't doubt them for a minute. I hope you all feel the same. I truly hope that the person or people who get hired come from this community. No hate coming from my end.

24. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Am I the only one that wishes my competition in anything crashes their car in a pole? Yes? Whatever.....

25. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Apparently yes. Haha. I'm far more competitive than most, but do not wish anything bad against my competition. Do I want to destroy everyone I compete against? Of course! But you can't win everything!