Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
5 females in the cafe... One looked like "daisy" kinda... Just saying... And the kid that showed up 5 mins late.... Wasn't wearing polo... It was more like rocawear...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I understand that 'being prepared' shows that you want to be there, if I am paying $65 to take your test you can provide a pen.Of course I say this as a bitter S.O.B who got tired of jumping through the hoops.
Now maybe I'm old school or maybe I'm just a bit God Damn bitchy after studying for the Sgt exam two years straight and then sitting in a classroom Saturday testing BUUUUUT, if you show up without the shit you were told to show up with, GET THE HELL OUT AND WE KEEP YOUR $65!!!!!!! Oh and the absolute same goes for the late assholes!!!! Don't coddle them now or after they get on. This ain't mommy's daycare!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
jel82303, to answer your question about certified police officers, I am certified and have been a cop going on 8 years. I agree with everyone about that person showing up late and without a writing utencil. It says that you dont give a f**k and most likey show up late for work and not be prepared to the job.

·
1,334 Posts
Who the fuck shows up to a police exam without something to write with?!?!?!
Who doesn't show up to an exam without multiple things to write with? I just took one of my law school mid-terms and had four pens, four number 2 pencils, and a small sharpener with me - the standard number of each I bring with me.

It was a short exam, 10 short essay answers, about an hour in length... anally retentive you ask? No!

As luck would have it, one pen went dry on question 8, the second on question 9 with 15 minutes to go... I finished the exam using the third string pen, without any problems or having to interrupt and ask if anyone had an extra.

If you don't come prepared to an exam with the basics, you are clearly a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,985 Posts
Someone I know scored a 90 on the test and is a non-vet, non resident. He's confident that his CJ degree and "interviewing skills" will get him far in the process.

It was awkward.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Someone I know scored a 90 on the test and is a non-vet, non resident. He's confident that his CJ degree and "interviewing skills" will get him far in the process.

It was awkward.
I'm not sure if veteran and resident status is as important to a non-civil service town as it is to civil service, but my experience with these tests is that a town will select the top XX test scores to move on in the process. I'm guessing a 90 probably isn't going to be in the top XX scores. But what do I know? Literally nothing! haha

I am interested to see what others scored though........Anyone else?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure if veteran and resident status is as important to a non-civil service town as it is to civil service, but my experience with these tests is that a town will select the top XX test scores to move on in the process. I'm guessing a 90 probably isn't going to be in the top XX scores. But what do I know? Literally nothing! haha

I am interested to see what others scored though........Anyone else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not received my score yet WTF?! I know they are looking for academy trained / certified / experienced officers. Hopefully they dont discard individuals that may not scored that high but have what they are looking for..Who knows I guess..

G

·
A word to the wise for anyone who takes ANY police exam (not just this one)....don't even consider what other people post as their test score, still follow through with every phase of the hiring process, unless you get the "thanks, but no thanks" letter.

Anyone can be anyone or any thing on the Internet.

"I got a 100 on the Westborough PD test, I have a Harvard law degree as well as a Ph.D. in Criminology, I'm a veteran of 3 wars with the Medal of Honor along with 4 Purple Hearts, I'm a paramedic who is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and 3 different Chinese dialects".

See how easy it is?

I'm not suggesting that anyone here is lying about their score, I'm just telling everyone to stick with the process until the bitter end. There has been some attempts at "thinning the herd" here before.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A word to the wise for anyone who takes ANY police exam (not just this one)....don't even consider what other people post as their test score, still follow through with every phase of the hiring process, unless you get the "thanks, but no thanks" letter.

Anyone can be anyone or any thing on the Internet.

"I got a 100 on the Westborough PD test, I have a Harvard law degree as well as a Ph.D. in Criminology, I'm a veteran of 3 wars with the Medal of Honor along with 4 Purple Hearts, I'm a paramedic who is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and 3 different Chinese dialects".

See how easy it is?

I'm not suggesting that anyone here is lying about their score, I'm just telling everyone to stick with the process until the bitter end. There has been some attempts at "thinning the herd" here before.
Other than my score I have no credentials haha. So i'm hoping I get lucky.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Hey Hey Hey! That's enough advice!

No, I absolutely agree. Personally, I would not lie about a score (or anything else for that matter) and I hope others would not either. I know I will try my hardest and I am confident enough in myself that I do not worry about other people. I believe that what's meant to happen will happen.

Other than my score I have no credentials haha. So i'm hoping I get lucky.
Credentials don't necessarily make a good officer.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I work for a non-cs pd that had not put anyone through an academy in 15 years. Although every opening clearly states that academy trained candidates are strongly preferred, non-certified candidates can apply. I know of several very strong non-trained candidates that did not apply to a recent round of several openings a couple of years ago because the "knew" that they did not have a shot. After the town received the applications, all of the certified applicants had weak backgrounds. We ended up putting people through the academy. Several strong candidates who were town residents were upset becasue they did not apply becasue they assumed they wouldn't get through the first round.

61 - 80 of 170 Posts