Town of Westborough: Police Officer | Page 4 | MassCops

Town of Westborough: Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by a76589, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

Other than my score I have no credentials haha. So i'm hoping I get lucky.

2. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Hey Hey Hey! That's enough advice!

No, I absolutely agree. Personally, I would not lie about a score (or anything else for that matter) and I hope others would not either. I know I will try my hardest and I am confident enough in myself that I do not worry about other people. I believe that what's meant to happen will happen.

Credentials don't necessarily make a good officer.

3. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

I work for a non-cs pd that had not put anyone through an academy in 15 years. Although every opening clearly states that academy trained candidates are strongly preferred, non-certified candidates can apply. I know of several very strong non-trained candidates that did not apply to a recent round of several openings a couple of years ago because the "knew" that they did not have a shot. After the town received the applications, all of the certified applicants had weak backgrounds. We ended up putting people through the academy. Several strong candidates who were town residents were upset becasue they did not apply becasue they assumed they wouldn't get through the first round.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

As I've said, your chances of being hired for a job are exactly 0% if you don't apply.

5. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

As an officer you learn that credentials don't mean shit in the long run. I work with retired SEALs that are terrible patrol officers and I work with guys who had no prior experience before they got on the job who are great officers.

Keep your head up, be positive, jump through the hoops and I'm sure you will get your shot.

6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Well duh, the transition from balancing a beach ball to applied patrol procedures is not an easy one.

7. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Eh... they'd make perfect guys on my job. I think our admin would even support direct depositing FISH.

8. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Based on 2 other test scores that I know of that were higher than mine. There's at least 3 of us from here moving on to the PAT. Anyone else? Good Luck to everyone involved.

9. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

When you get to the PAT, make sure you say "I hope this is the chow hall. Hey, how's it going, Eisenhower?" to the chief;

View attachment 3126

10. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

When you get to the PAT, make sure you say "I hope this is the chow hall. Hey, how's it going, Eisenhower?" to the chief;

View attachment 3126 [/QUOTE]

And then get in my car and drive back home? Haha

11. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

You should contact Chief Gordon with your concerns.

12. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

I think that everyone who passed the test (meaning scored above the "passing" mark, which I assume was 70) got called to take the PAT. I hope I am wrong but my buddy scored a 91 and he got called to take the PAT.

13. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

A little surprised if that's the case. I would certainly hope anyone who takes that test would score a 70.

14. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I encourage him to do so. I also give referrals for people adopting animals at shelters.

15. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

From my experience testing in NH a lot of people struggle with the Cooper standard tests. Ive seen the numbers thinned out significantly after the PAT.

16. L403/4808

L403/4808 MassCops Member

I got a 96.5 on the test but I shant be taking the PAT test. Probably because I'm so outta shape... Am I the only one here who thinks taking all these tests and such are a little much for guys who are fully trained and who are already full time police officers? Probably...

17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Yep. Probably because guys like myself, who AREN'T academy trained, have to score well on these tests and pass the PT to have the slightest chance of getting hired. You're already on the job... Tests like this are my opportunity to finally get hired.

18. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

...ah nevermind

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

19. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Better luck next time bro. 95 is a good score. Don't beat yourself up.

20. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Just so you all know Delta took this whole thing from my resume and then added my actual score to it!!!! Really no point in any of you continuing with your pursuit of this position. I've got this one in the bag!!!!

21. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

I think they only carry tasers lol

22. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Lies...

23. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

No, I think tsunami may be right.

24. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

what do you mean by that?

25. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I say I do believe the man was inferring they don't carry GUNS SON!!!!!!