Town of Westborough: Police Officer | Page 3 | MassCops

Town of Westborough: Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by a76589, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ultimatefighter

ultimatefighter New Member

My ID was checked after I was in the room and before the exam was handed out. I didnt realize there were that many people that took the exam. Whats with this math room? Did every room have a different test?

2. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

They checked ours in the cafeteria, after we took the first section. Each time I've taken has been given by the same main person.

3. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

Who the fuck shows up to a police exam without something to write with?!?!?!

4. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Maybe he thought they gave the exam on iPads. :unsure:

5. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

There was actually more than one person in the cafeteria alone without something to write in. One of them was the 5 minutes late guy. Hell, I even had a pencil sharpener. I also had a pen too, thankfully.

6. Big.G

Who is this guy that was 5 minutes late? Not the kid with the dirty blonde hair, black polo, jeans and Bates duty boots?

And yea, I know there was more than one. The person I just described mentioned to the administrator that he didn't have anything to write with. Then the administrator asked who else didn't have anything to write with and fucking hands started popping up all over the frigging place. I was like "what the fuck?" I had two pens and two pencils...

I was hoping they would say "if we provided you with a pen, write pen in the upper right corner of the front of your test booklet."

7. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

No, the dude I'm talking about is the kid with a gray hoodie that had "Polo" in red, I believe. Dark hair and jeans too.

8. Big.G

Oh, I was going to say that that kid wasn't late, he was just changing seats. Don't remember the kid in the hoodie...probably because I was too focused on those two cute blondes.

9. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

I understand that 'being prepared' shows that you want to be there, if I am paying $65 to take your test you can provide a pen.

Of course I say this as a bitter S.O.B who got tired of jumping through the hoops.

10. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

I was very surprised that about 20% of the applicants in the cafeteria were females. Much higher than most other tests I've taken.

11. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

5 females in the cafe... One looked like "daisy" kinda... Just saying... And the kid that showed up 5 mins late.... Wasn't wearing polo... It was more like rocawear...

12. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wowwww... Got the test scores back already. That was fast.

13. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

I hope it was the score you wanted.

14. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Now maybe I'm old school or maybe I'm just a bit God Damn bitchy after studying for the Sgt exam two years straight and then sitting in a classroom Saturday testing BUUUUUT, if you show up without the shit you were told to show up with, GET THE HELL OUT AND WE KEEP YOUR $65!!!!!!! Oh and the absolute same goes for the late assholes!!!! Don't coddle them now or after they get on. This ain't mommy's daycare!!!

15. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Yeah this is the fastest they've gotten test scores out that I can remember. Received mine right before noon.

16. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

Anyone know where the PT test fits into the process?

17. ultimatefighter

jel82303, to answer your question about certified police officers, I am certified and have been a cop going on 8 years. I agree with everyone about that person showing up late and without a writing utencil. It says that you dont give a f**k and most likey show up late for work and not be prepared to the job.

18. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

how did everyone score?

19. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

Who doesn't show up to an exam without multiple things to write with? I just took one of my law school mid-terms and had four pens, four number 2 pencils, and a small sharpener with me - the standard number of each I bring with me.

It was a short exam, 10 short essay answers, about an hour in length... anally retentive you ask? No!

As luck would have it, one pen went dry on question 8, the second on question 9 with 15 minutes to go... I finished the exam using the third string pen, without any problems or having to interrupt and ask if anyone had an extra.

If you don't come prepared to an exam with the basics, you are clearly a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The best are the guys who come to the CS exams wearing what amounts to either a track suit or football practice sweats.

21. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

I guess I'll be the first to share.... 97.75 (yes they go by decimals). Looks like I got 1 answer wrong on 2 of the 4 sections.

22. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Promotional exam is a slight bit different then a boot brother HAHAHAHAHA

23. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Someone I know scored a 90 on the test and is a non-vet, non resident. He's confident that his CJ degree and "interviewing skills" will get him far in the process.

It was awkward.

24. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

I'm not sure if veteran and resident status is as important to a non-civil service town as it is to civil service, but my experience with these tests is that a town will select the top XX test scores to move on in the process. I'm guessing a 90 probably isn't going to be in the top XX scores. But what do I know? Literally nothing! haha

I am interested to see what others scored though........Anyone else?

25. Lima760

Lima760 MassCops Member

26. ultimatefighter

I have not received my score yet WTF?! I know they are looking for academy trained / certified / experienced officers. Hopefully they dont discard individuals that may not scored that high but have what they are looking for..Who knows I guess..

27. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

A word to the wise for anyone who takes ANY police exam (not just this one)....don't even consider what other people post as their test score, still follow through with every phase of the hiring process, unless you get the "thanks, but no thanks" letter.

Anyone can be anyone or any thing on the Internet.

"I got a 100 on the Westborough PD test, I have a Harvard law degree as well as a Ph.D. in Criminology, I'm a veteran of 3 wars with the Medal of Honor along with 4 Purple Hearts, I'm a paramedic who is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and 3 different Chinese dialects".

See how easy it is?

I'm not suggesting that anyone here is lying about their score, I'm just telling everyone to stick with the process until the bitter end. There has been some attempts at "thinning the herd" here before.