Town of Harvard Police Officer | MassCops

Town of Harvard Police Officer

Discussion in 'Getting on the job?' started by j809, Jan 30, 2012.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

[​IMG]
    Job Posting
    Patrol Officer
    Posted: January 30, 2012
    Closing Date: February 14, 2012
    Salary Range: $20.37/hr. – $25.72/hr.
    Requirements:
    1. Be at least 21 years of age at time of hire;
    2. Posses or have the ability to obtain and maintain the following: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's license; Massachusetts Class A large capacity License to Carry Firearms.
    3. Must be able to successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment physical, background investigation, drug and psychological testing.
    4. Massachusetts Police Training Committee (MPTC) (formerly the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council (MCJTC)) Basic Police Officer Recruit Academy Certificate, or possess a current MPTC academy waiver for equivalent out of state academy training.
    5. Bachelors Degree (may be waived in lieu of 5 years full-time experience)
    Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
    1. Three years full-time policing experience
    This job posting will be utilized to establish a candidate list for anticipated future job openings. One position will be filled immediately. The list established will expire on June 30. 2013, or at such time that it is exhausted.
    To Apply: Forward resumes and cover letters electronically to [email protected]. All submissions must be received no later than 5:00 pm on February 14, 2012.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I wonder if they still get calls from concerned parents who don't know there's ANOTHER Harvard (i.e. TOWN OF...) out there?

3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Can we delete line 4 of the requirements? ;)

OfficerObie59 likes this.
  4. Pvt. Cowboy

Ahhhh... Much better! Probably should have gotten rid of that line about 3 years of policing too...

5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

I got people pull up and ask for directions to the campus. I tell them rte 2 east another 40 miles!! :)

6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Can't believe you guys gave up on part-timers!

7. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

If they would be willing to send a person to the full-time academy then you would be their man. I would say 5-0, but I want him on my PD when we have a future opening. If anyone here is lucky enough to get the job, you will be working for a great Chief. Chief Edward Denmark is a very smart man and an outstanding leader. I have the utmost respect for that man.

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  8. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

Dude!
    J809 had to put up with you at Massatoilet, you want him to go out on disability before he can make Chief?

j809 likes this.
  9. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Hahahaha

10. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

We anticipate 4 positions within 18 months , that's why we will be establishing a list. Great place to work!!

11. Pvt. Cowboy

Whaaaaaaa... 4?! You sure you guys won't take a non-academy noob? Damn...

12. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Not right now buddy sorry :)

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

always heard good things about the PD there.

14. chief801

chief801 Subscribing Member

Right back at you...giving you the nod was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I hope all is well...a cold frosty is long overdue!

MARINECOP likes this.
  15. Pvt. Cowboy

Thanks my man. I knew I liked you for a reason haha...

16. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

[​IMG]

Is the love fest over now? ;)

USMCMP5811, chief801 and cc3915 like this.
  17. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Bruce!
    LMFAO!!! I don't need a part time gig with another agency.
    What I would LIKE to get is a part time job with another agency now cuz I'm
    getting close to gold watch time. But...it's not a perfect world, and alot of Mass Chiefs are drinking the 'liability cool aid" regarding reserves/specials...
    It's amazing that EVERYBODY wants FT academy for every position these days.

Delta784 likes this.
  18. chief801

Heaven forbid...mutual respect...on this board? HAHAHAHAHAH

MARINECOP and Delta784 like this.
  19. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

NEVER!

Delta784 likes this.
  20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Thanks to self-sponsoring, and the resulting glut of academy-trained people, it's a buyer's market.

Back in the day, a full-time MCJTC/MPTC academy diploma was the Willie Wonka Golden Ticket. Now, it's just the price of admission.

21. chief801

AND...they got pay and benefits while they were in the academy...a much better system, IMHO.

Pvt. Cowboy and Delta784 like this.
  22. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

We had to show the academy staff our pay stubs on a regular basis, to prove that we were actually employed as full-time police officer recruits.

Kilvinsky and 263FPD like this.
  23. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

We had two bounced from my class who were employed as PTers (the third would say, "they don't seem to know about me, and they ain't gonna know about me"). This was after about 5 of the 12 weeks. A lot of political pull (one of our guys had good connections at the State House) and the endorsement of the academy director kept them in. He told them to stay and continue while the rangling went on. It paid off.

24. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Woody boy we only have two PT officers , one has ft job next town over. We can't spend $35k per new officer to train and wait for them to graduate and then train them. That's the reality of many smaller communities these days. Need someone to start with experience and already trained.