Town of Harvard Police Department | MassCops

Town of Harvard Police Department

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by j809, Jul 11, 2013.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Patrol Officer
    Posted: July 8, 2013
    Closing Date: July 18, 2013
    Requirements:

Be at least 21 years of age at time of hire;

Posses or have the ability to obtain and maintain the following: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's license; Massachusetts Class A large capacity License to Carry Firearms.

Must be able to successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment physical, background investigation, drug and psychological testing.

Massachusetts Police Training Committee (MPTC) (formerly the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council (MCJTC)) Basic Police Officer Recruit Academy Certificate(Full time) , or possess a current MPTC academy waiver for equivalent out of state academy training.

Bachelors Degree (may be waived in lieu of 5 years full-time experience)

Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:

Three years full-time policing experience

This job posting will be utilized to establish a candidate list for anticipated future job openings. Two positions will be filled immediately. The list established will expire on January 31. 2014, or at such time that it is exhausted.
    To Apply: Forward resumes and cover letters electronically to [email protected]. All submissions must be received no later than 5:00 pm on July18, 2013.
    Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements WILL NOT be considered. Due to the volume of resumes anticipated, only candidates being considered will be contacted.

2. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh so Glad I moved up here Yimmy!o_O

j809 likes this.
  3. districtcircus12

districtcircus12 MassCops Member

Bachelors Degree (may be waived in lieu of 5 years full-time experience)
    Who do you think they will find?

HoneyBadger1 likes this.
  4. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

We had about 190 people last year

5. districtcircus12

Must be the sign of the times, I see many people near me with PT academies just huffing it for a detail here and there. College was not even a thought to them. Most wanted a Military back round which is very well encouraged for the advancement later on.

6. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

These are full time openings requiring a full time academy in order to be considered.

7. districtcircus12

Gotcha, but I see alot of guys banging out full time academies with lesser degrees is where I am getting at. Well good luck to the 190 that apply.

j809 likes this.
  8. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Hey Yimmy when do I start, lol.

mpd61, j809 and PDG24 like this.
  9. chief801

chief801 Subscribing Member

[​IMG]
    Town of Harvard
    Job Posting
    Patrol Officer
    Posted: July 8, 2013
    Closing Date: July 18, 2013
    Salary Range: $20.77/hr. – $26.24/hr.
    Requirements:
    1. Be at least 21 years of age at time of hire;
    2. Posses or have the ability to obtain and maintain the following: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's license; Massachusetts Class A large capacity License to Carry Firearms.
    3. Must be able to successfully complete a comprehensive pre-employment physical, background investigation, drug and psychological testing.
    4. Massachusetts Police Training Committee (MPTC) (formerly the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council (MCJTC)) Basic Police Officer Recruit Academy Certificate, or possess a current MPTC academy waiver for equivalent out of state academy training.
    5. Bachelors Degree (may be waived in lieu of 5 years full-time experience)
    Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
    1. Three years full-time policing experience
    This job posting will be utilized to establish a candidate list for anticipated future job openings. Two positions will be filled immediately. The list established will expire on January 31. 2014, or at such time that it is exhausted.
    To Apply: Forward resumes and cover letters electronically to [email protected]. All submissions must be received no later than 5:00 pm on July18, 2013.
    Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements WILL NOT be considered. Due to the volume of resumes anticipated, only candidates being considered will be contacted.

10. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Don't think the Chief could handle both of you guys together again......besides they're MUCH busier than that small quiet western city you sleep in

j809 likes this.
  11. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

lol, but I miss being a small town cop.

j809 likes this.