Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I might hold off on Customs if they offer it now. I just got a card from my home town for (2) police officers. So I went down and signed the sheet yesterday. Now all I can do is wait and see what comes up first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
customs

If your town department doesn't work out go with Customs. I was in the same situation as you back in Massacusetts playing the waiting game when Customs came along. I ended up taking a position in Virginia and don't regret it one bit. I have been with Customs for about a year and love it. I have traveled to Chicago and New Orleans for training and will hopefully be getting to Miami for training soon. If you don't feel like moving you can always hold out and Mass might open up. I was told that Logan wouldn't be hiring for awhile only to find out that several people in the classes after me accepted positions there. As an Inspector you would advance to a GS-11 level. All of our overtime is double time and there is pretty good shift diferential which adds up pretty quickly. If you are looking to go past a GS-11 with the 20 year retirement you would have to apply for an agent position. 911jobforums is a good website for Federal job info. If you have any questions let me know.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.