Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Topic for debate

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  rocksy1826 
Totally disagree on this. I've been pulled over twice because my car "looked" like a car used in a crime.
Once in Pittsfield, MA and once in Trenton, NJ.

quality617 said:
Because if your being pulled over, you already know that you've done something wrong. Thats how you know its a real police officer. We don't base traffic stops on names we pull out of a hat.
Somethings to consider:

If you are being pulled over at night, unless you saw the car you don't know if it is marked or not.

As to uniforms etc, just as any idiot can get lights and put them on his or her car, any idiot can get a fake badge, and a uniform.

Saying police can't use unmarked cars to pull people over is silly. Using unmarked cars in the "flow of traffic" is a pretty effective way to patrol and issue motor vehicle citations.

I understand your point but there are other ways to handle the situation.

MARepublicanGal said:
As someone who does not work in law enforcement, there are certain things about the civil-service profession that have always irked me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE proponent of cops (anyone-- especially men-- who happen to be a republican AND wear a uniform are a definite A+).

Hypothetically speaking, I'm driving home ALONE at 1:00 AM on the highway when the blue lights go on behind me. The car, driven by a male, is otherwise unmarked. It's just one of those blue Fords. As an attractiive female, I think to myself, "Why do law officials have MARKED cars?" I'm under the impression it's so the public-- me-- can recognize them in times like this. Perhaps I'm speeding. I don't know. But as I pull over, I think to myself, "Am I about to become the latest of one out of every three women who will be assaulted during her lifetime? Is this really a cop? Or is he a jokster who purchased a flashing blue light?"

Granted he probably really is a police officer, but I have no way of knowing that UNTIL I lower my window and make myself accessible on a secluded breakdown lane.

RESOLVED: Officers, while driving UNMARKED vehicles, should NOT be allowed to pull over unwanted (by that I mean no arrest warrants have been issued) civilians for simple moving violations.

Agree? Disagree?

Hosted Photos: (0)

For the record I have a feeling this is now a resurrected troll....somebody break out with Safe & Secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.