'Top Gun' aircraft carrier USS Enterprise starting final voyage | MassCops

'Top Gun' aircraft carrier USS Enterprise starting final voyage

Discussion in 'Military News' started by CJIS, Mar 11, 2012.

1. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    USA TODAY
    'Top Gun' aircraft carrier USS Enterprise starting final voyage
    Chicago Sun-Times - ‎35 minutes ago‎

By BROCK VERGAKIS AP March 10, 2012 10:02PM Petty Officer 3rd Class Michael Joseph carries his1-year-old daughter Maleah to his re-enlistment ceremony aboard the USS Enterprise on Thursday at Norfolk Naval Station in Va.

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The Big E is one of the most storied ship names in the US Fleet.....I really hope they honor another carrier with the name.

Speaking of which, I really wish they would start naming carriers after the famous ships of WWII.....Wasp, Hornet, Enterprise, Yorktown, etc. I can see the justification for all the current and future carriers named after US Presidents....Dwight Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt were war heroes who went on to be President, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington are no-brainers, Ronald Reagan brought the US Armed Forces back from obscurity, Bush 41 was a Navy aviator in WWII, and Gerald Ford was a Navy officer aboard a CVL-class light carrier in WWII.

I can't think of any reason why there should be carriers named after Bill Clinton, Bush 43, or especially Barack Obama.

3. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Enterprise and Yorktown are no brainers imo

corsair and Delta784 like this.
  4. corsair

corsair Guest

End of an era.

5. corsair

corsair Guest

o_O
    Dear Lord don't even joke about that, we really dont want the Libretards to get any more asinine ideas

Delta784 and Q5-TPR like this.
  6. JamnJim18

JamnJim18 Guest

Uhm, you can't see why they would name a carrier after them two great presidents?! How dare you speak negatively about them two great men! Clinton stains blue dresses and Obama, well, Obama will be known forever as the man that socialized this country! TWO GREAT TRAITS!

Bath Iron Works launches new US Navy ship, USS Barack Obama
    [​IMG]

USMCMP5811, frank and Delta784 like this.
  7. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Enterprise has been a US warship name since the Revolutionary War, I believe I read somewhere.

8. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Obama will commission the USS King Faud as a sign of his submission to Islam.

Delta784 likes this.
  9. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

I agree--add the USS Lexington to the list, the two carriers carrying the name were both products of Fore River, if I'm not mistaken.

With all the WWII vets dying off at such a fast clip, it would be nice to have another living reminder for those who are born once they're long gone.

USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest