Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am 34 and interested in becoming a career firefighter in Eastern Mass, RI, or CT. Most departments in Mass seems to have age maximum of 32 for applicants. Am I too old? Are there some departments that take someone my age or 35 into academy classes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go to the Mass. Civil Service website for a list of communities without age limits.
You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting hired unless you live in the town/ city you are trying to get hired by.
Last but not least, you just missed the test.
Try to look outside of Masschusetts, you may have a better shot.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
am 34 and interested in becoming a career firefighter in Eastern Mass, RI, or CT. Most departments in Mass seems to have age maximum of 32 for applicants. Am I too old? Are there some departments that take someone my age or 35 into academy classes?
You've come to a cop forum for advice on becoming a firefighter??? Where's that popcorn? :pinch:

·
Registered
238 Posts
if your not a veteran, a paramedic, or prior experience with approved academy, pack it up. you're done.

basically, without those things, you have nothing to offer but a shorter than average career. sorry to shoot from the hip but thats just how it is.

oh and harley, he did post it in the fire/ems section

if its really something you want to do, about your only shot is a non civil service dept out in the sticks.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you have served in the military, those years could be deducted off your age and you might have a chance. But who in thier right state of mind would want to be a hoser? At 35 years old, time to man up and join the best..

·
Super Moderator
7,148 Posts
I say why not - I heard as you get older, the more you sleep...being a firefighter sounds like a perfect retirement job! ;-)

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
I say why not - I heard as you get older, the more you sleep...being a firefighter sounds like a perfect retirement job! ;-)
This guy just got on the SLEEPeabody Fire dept......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts