Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing to see that there are MIT undergrads that have common sense...

"The Police @ MIT
Issued: October 6, 2003

Please be advised that on Sunday, October 5, 2003 at approximately 1:10 AM members of a Boston fraternity stated that two individuals tried to gain entrance into their fraternity. One identified himself as a Boston police officer. The individual quickly showed an id and badge then lifted his shirt exposing the handle of a gun tucked into his waistband. The suspects tried to force their way into the fraternity when one of the fraternity brothers told the two suspects to wait a minute for the arrival of the MIT Police. When told to wait the two suspects fled into the Kenmore Square area. A third suspect was involved but he stayed on the sidewalk and fled at the same time.

The victims describe the suspects as follows: Subject 1) male, white, late thirties, short brown hair, clean shaved wearing a black sweatshirt. Subject 2) male, white, short brown hair slicked back, clean shaved, wearing jeans and a red nylon "Red Sox" warm up jacket, showing police identification and a black handle of a semi-automatic handgun. No description other than a white male on the third individual.

A check with Boston Police was made and verified that it was not them."

·
Registered
174 Posts
Unfortunately the "requirements" for police id. cards are pretty slack, making it very easy to produce a fake. It just seems wrong that a drivers license has more fraud prevention features than a police id! :thumbdow:

Ryan

G

·
ryan933 said:
Unfortunately the "requirements" for police id. cards are pretty slack, making it very easy to produce a fake. It just seems wrong that a drivers license has more fraud prevention features than a police id! :thumbdow:

Ryan
AMEN, I hear that, same goes for badges as well.

G

·
I heard the call go out that night for Boston Police to meet MIT Police in the 400 block of Comm Ave. I guess they must have called MIT Police first which may have caused a delay in responding and possible apprehension of these jerks.

Not to knock any department but I think a quick call to 911 even before or after the call was placed to MIT PD would have been more prudent. Even if MIT had called BPD on BAPERN to announce what they had and why they were going over would have given a quicker heads up to all involved. There's a better chance of catching these maggots if more units are aware of the situation.

Well thats alot to expect from college kids even if they did do the right thing and notify an agency instead of heading back upstairs for another bong hit. :sb:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
HousingCop said:
I heard the call go out that night for Boston Police to meet MIT Police in the 400 block of Comm Ave. I guess they must have called MIT Police first which may have caused a delay in responding and possible apprehension of these jerks.

Not to knock any department but I think a quick call to 911 even before or after the call was placed to MIT PD would have been more prudent. Even if MIT had called BPD on BAPERN to announce what they had and why they were going over would have given a quicker heads up to all involved. There's a better chance of catching these maggots if more units are aware of the situation.

Well thats alot to expect from college kids even if they did do the right thing and notify an agency instead of heading back upstairs for another bong hit. :sb:
WTF?
Are you for real? do you ever give up?
](*,)

G

·
MCCPD61,

You obviously think you are supercop and could handle a gun call alone in the mean streets, er parking lots you patrol in Brockbury & Cantonpan. The more cops that know about a situation in the shortest amount of time = a quicker apprehension of the bad guys.

There are 2 Patrolmen on the 12-8 shift for 60,000 residents where I work. Do you actually think I tell people to call our emergency number first if somebody is bashing down their door? No, I tell them to dial 911 and my dispatcher is right across the room from them. We then both get the call. I may be 1/2 way across the city or I might be 1/2 a block away.

Boston has about 1,600 cops vs 38 that we have. Who do you think will have better response time when there are only 2 guys working? It's a no-brainer. Something you definately know about. Get a clue.

Do you just write stupid things on here just to get the points? If so, you can have all mine. You need them more than me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would have to side with HousingCop on this one! Even though you can't expect the average Joe to know that, it would have been ideal to call BPD also. Maybe BPD had a little more info on these dickbags and maybe they didn't but at least those kids had enough sense to call someone about it!

G

·
Duke,

That's all I was trying to say in here but yet got needlessly slammed. Although I deserve being slammed sometimes I didn't think that this was one of them.

The more people informed, the better I say. Precious minutes were wasted since MIT PD is mainly based in Cambridge. The ride over, and then calling 911 / call screening / prioritizing and then the final dispatch and arrival of BPD units on scene can take anywhere from seconds to minutes. Kenmore Square was a zoo that night and BPD units were only 30 seconds from the 400 block of Comm Ave. These clowns may even have walked by responding units. Not only does BPD get the call, S/P, NUPD, Harvard U, Wentworth, BUPD, Munie's and Housing all have their ears on and are close by in some cases.

This wasn't an average call for a guy drinking beer and throwing bottles off the frat house roof, this was an attempted home invasion / armed robbery with a F/A. Makes you wonder what the frat boys have there that's so darned important to 3 guys that they would impersonate PO's??

·
1,952 Posts
DUKE1005 said:
I would have to side with HousingCop on this one! Even though you can't expect the average Joe to know that, it would have been ideal to call BPD also. Maybe BPD had a little more info on these dickbags and maybe they didn't but at least those kids had enough sense to call someone about it!
If this were known I would hope I would have heard it in my roll call. Where was that article from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crvtte65 said:
DUKE1005 said:
If this were known I would hope I would have heard it in my roll call. Where was that article from?
Just an internal email at MIT. I believe this one was sent out by the captain.

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Not to slam you Housingcop, but I think MIT would have been Lucky at best to even have Boston show up for that. We have called them for several incidents involving Knives and situations which your line of thinking would be obvious. We have gotten as long as a 45 minute response time IF they even decide to show up. Most times when they show up they end up making us handle it.

·
1,952 Posts
BPD is generally good if we call off a situation with a weapon if we in fact need them, they are very good if an OT call goes out which is always nice.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
union1 said:
Not to slam you Housingcop, but I think MIT would have been Lucky at best to even have Boston show up for that. We have called them for several incidents involving Knives and situations which your line of thinking would be obvious. We have gotten as long as a 45 minute response time IF they even decide to show up. Most times when they show up they end up making us handle it.
Well in any event..................
HousingCop, BPD was notified right? I was more focused on the fact that you dissed college kids as a whole (Surprise!) And then dissed a specific jurisdiction (Surprise!) Have a nice day.

G

·
Hey Massasoit Community College Cop,

Didn't I say "Not to knock any department........." before I went on to explain that someone should have notified BPD? How much time and effort does it take to pick up a phone and call the primary jurisdiction or even lean over & flip a switch and call them on BAPERN? Shouldn't a Sergeant or some Patrol or Duty Supervisor have made this decision? If so, shame on them.

Like I said, this wasn't your average ordinary s#it call. It involves 3 people, a badge and a gun. Seems to me this may be more of a priority than most calls you get. But alas, time was wasted and the bad guys got away.

As for knocking students, so what? Most of them I run into can't even spell never mind have 1/2 the brain they were born with. Like I said before,
THOSE WHO CAN, DO.
THOSE WHO CAN'T TEACH.
THOSE WHO CAN'T SPELL, END UP AT MASSASIOT.

End of story. =D>

Union1, I do sympathise with your unique situation. You are in one of the best places in downtown with alot of s#itbirds who hang & roll in front of the Christy's on the corner. Too bad that BPD doesn't sweep those maggots more often. It's a good thing you have a Charlestown guy for a Chief! He won't take any crap from BPD.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The devil, you say! :twisted:
HousingCop said:
THOSE WHO CAN'T SPELL, END UP AT MASSASIOT.

Union1, I do sympathise...
MASSASOIT and SYMPATHIZE.
Hope that helps! Not bad for a Massasoit student, if I do say so myself...

G

·
Sorry, I meant to spell Massive-Toilet Community College. Where the 13th and 14th graders be getting edumacated.

:L:

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Hey Housing Penis Security Guard, at least the MCC kids get an education, something much more than you'll ever have, GED dickhead.

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
Way to go Dunnie!!!!!
MASSASOIT student here :rd: and I may not be the best at spelling , but I do know how to use the spell check!!!!!!

HEY, housing cop try it some time!!! not to knock anyone... Is that how you put it????
I know you Ed.
Don't go painting all with the same brush.. :NO:

Sorry for being off topic brass...

G

·
Hey H50, MPD71, JB71, JB1971, BaBa Booey,

Which new screen name are you going to change to this month? What's the matter, you aren't afraid of people finding out your true identity? Is that why you keep switching? You may change your screename but you are still the same boob in my, and others, book.

Call me a security guard if you will. I at least know where I work and am not afraid to admit it. I was wondering when you were going to stick your big bazoo in this thread and post your opinion, like it matters...............

Hey Capt & Dungeon, I am not knocking the honest folks who attend Massasoit to continue their education, I am knocking the 13th & 14th graders, the 18-22 year old slackers who still live in their parents basement and smoke a bit of 94C in their cars so MCCPD61 and the former MCCPD cop, H50 can make their "Big Bust" in the parking lots they "Patrol".

I can't even see the need for a full time PD there. It's a commuter school with no dorms or permanant residents and it's a school thats only open 12 hours a day. In fact, I'll write Govenor Romney with this cash saving measure and just might win an award for saving the state some money. There's nothing there that 4 SpectaGuards can't handle for alot less money. I am sure this will spark some serious controversy on here.

I took a class in the Canton campus about a year ago and some slack-jawed stoner called out "Rent A Cop" to the Massasoit cop who walked by. I leaned over and promised to bust his head if I ever heard him do such a foolish thing ever again. Now knowing it may have been BaBa Booey or his lappdog MCCPD61, only makes this story even funnier. I still wouldn't let that slacker say it again if it was them, but it sure is funny that the cop never came into the classrom to confront this moron. He definately heard him. I would have dragged his @ss off the chair and thrown him out in a hearbeat.

As for spellcheck, I do use it often but sometimes I type fast in my furious attempt at putting some people in their place on this board. In fact, I won't use it on this post at all. Please forgive any typos and erronious grammer that may have occured.

·
Subscribing Member
185 Posts
Well Housing, I will forgive you this time... As for your issue with Baba booy, I don't know the guy so I can not say anything about him.
But in reguards to Massasoit not needing any police that is untrue.
I attend the canton campus, when I started the crime rate was pretty much zilch but I just got my crime rate paperwork in the mail last week and the numbers kind of scared me.

The statistics are separated so there is no lumping us with Brokton.
Last year there were 51 A&B, 14 stolen cars and 39 burglarys .
All of those crimes jumped from 0 in 2001 and 2000.
So I beg to differ that police are not needed at the Canton campus.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.