1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JAMES SIMPSON III

Patrolman, Rockland

Greg Derr
TO THE RESCUE Rockland Police Officer Jim Simpson who has been on the force 14 years.

By
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Sep 05, 2008 @ 06:35 AM
Last update Sep 05, 2008 @ 07:06 AM

QUINCY -
Meet the men and women of our police and fire departments. "To the Rescue" will introduce you to a different department member each Friday, only in your Patriot Ledger.
"I grew up here, I live here, my dad had worked for the police department. I had a relationship with the men and women and that's what I wanted to do, be a Rockland police officer."
"Getting back was an accomplishment for me."
"I get a kick out of this job ... It's exciting. You come in here and it's something different every day."
"I can't wait to get here every day."

THE SKINNY

APPOINTED: Hull police officer, April 1997
HIRED IN ROCKLAND: July 2001

BIO: Simpson grew up in Rockland and graduated from Rockland High School in 1990. He attended Massasoit Community College, and he taught at a gymnastics school until he joined the Rockland Police as a special officer in 1994. He was hired as a police officer in Hull in 1997, then transferred back to Rockland in 2001. He earned his associate degree in liberal arts from the University of Phoenix in 2002.
What would you have been if not a police officer? "A history teacher."
Best advice you ever got: "If you say you're going to do something, then you better do it."
Person who gave it to you: "My father."
What do you do in your time off? Simpson enjoys reading about American history, working out and spending time with his girlfriend, Sheila.

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x625394785/TO-THE-RESCUE

1 - 1 of 1 Posts