Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Iam looking for a 2 snap open style cuff holder that I see alot of you guys have on your belts. It holds the cuffs up tight to the belt like a closed case however you can see the cuffs it is leather with 2 snaps th go over the cuffs. I have checked every place I know and all I find are the straps and the full closed cases. So where are you guys getting them.
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think I have the case you are talking about and I'm pretty sure I got it at either Neptune's in Haverhill or Sentry in Chicopee. It is a much better holder than the "strap" which bounces the cuffs everywhere and the cuffs "sit" in the slot so if the button pops they don't fall to the ground.

Posted Sat 25 September, 2004 1:58 pm:

Just looked at the case, noticed there is only one snap in the center of the cuffs, maybe it is not the one you are referring too, but it's still a great case. I carry my hinged in it but chains fit great also.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They seem to be hard to find. I have never saw a local officer with one. I checked sentry and they do not have them. I have looked all over online with no luck at all. Iam hoping some one that has one can tell me where to go.
Thanks

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
The type of cuff holder you are referring to was custom-made for the last class (paid for out of their own funds) and hence not mass produced or available in any of the catalogs or stores previously mentioned.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's made by Strong, but it is a discontinued model. It's designed to hold Peerless hinged handcuffs. The 76th was able to get enough bodies together for a special order. They newer model is designed to be more universal (S&W, chain cuffs, etc.)

·
Banned
117 Posts
On the subject of asking MSP Officers, since you are given cruisers to take home, out of curiosity, are you allowed to add equipment to your cruisers that are not standard. Lighting for example, would you guys be able to add side marker stobes and taillight strobes or any additional lighting if you wanted them and they didnt come with the cruiser when you got it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.