Tips for citation narratives ???? | Page 2 | MassCops

Tips for citation narratives ????

Discussion in 'War Stories' started by Oakum yokum, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogergoodwin

Rogergoodwin MassCops Member

Sounds like the conversation has turned into whether or not to ticket for a rolling stop...

2. MassM123

MassM123 MassCops Member

It's one thing if you're looking for a pretext on car full of gangbangers, but this sounds like some chicken shit ticket writing. Don't get me wrong, I've stopped a few cars for "idling over 5 minutes," but for more reasons than simply writing a ticket....lol

j809 likes this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

What ?
    You guys got ticket books ?
    I've been robbed ! :D:D:D

Goose likes this.
  4. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Yup, I agree. I was looking for how we us creative writing to complete the narrative, not lying just tip learned by years of HARASSING the motoring public.

5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

All due respect to his loss. But RUNNING a red light, and a "rolling stop" at a stop sign are different ends of the 89/9 spectrum. I appreciate your soliciting opinions, but I stop for 89/9 too, just not to bust chops on "non-harley" types LOL!

justmom, j809, felony and 1 other person like this.
  6. Oakum yokum

Non Harley type, was definitely NOT the reason for stop.

7. Oakum yokum

It's funny, just wanted to start a thread for creative narrative writing.

Turned into profiling & a bored yokels

pahapoika likes this.
  8. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

What town do you patrol in? I'm just curious as to which town I need to avoid driving in.

9. Oakum yokum

It will be on the top of citation box #2 :)

JD02124 likes this.
  10. Oakum yokum

It's funny, stop a car for going over center line is ok to get PC for stop, for a possible OUI. But Run a stop sign isn't.

11. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Well that has been a funny discussion, but seeing how report writing and citation narratives are often lacking in quality, clarity, and humor....lets get some good info out of this. Maybe it IS a bullshit stop, how do you write it into a bulletproof cite...just for shits and giggles?

12. felony

felony MassCops Member

If they truly blast a red light at a 4 way intersection or fail to yield, almost causing a accident then I would cite. For piddly shit that is only going to make people hate us more, I tend to avoid. However if it's citations for grant money, then its game on.

justmom and mpd61 like this.
  13. Oakum yokum

That's exactly what I was hoping for...
    But,. o_O

Hush likes this.
  14. felony

felony MassCops Member

If you're on a state funded grant program for traffic enforcement, on over time pay, you're expected to issue citations. On daily patrol, I don't go out of my way to write people for minor infractions that a simple verbal couldn't fix. I don't see writing someone for going 10 mph over or for failing to put feet down on a bike as critical to public safety. Are you even a cop? It's not indicated on your profile. Looks like all you do is post under civil service scores. Looks like you're just some wanna be kid talking shit about something he knows nothing about.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    j809 likes this.
  15. Oakum yokum

This thread turn into a s**t show.
    The goal was to hear how some veterans word their narratives. MV stops are mv stops. Verbal warnings = no narratives.
    But written warnings or civil fines both deserve a proper narrative.
    Hell..... Many complaints can easily be dismissed by management, by a proper narrative.
    So let's hear it....

16. Oakum yokum

For the record,. Stopping for 89-9 doesn't mean a money V. But does get me to see operator and interior, passengers...

brk120 likes this.
  17. Rogergoodwin

Citations should only be written for people that deserve it, not just for grant money. It's things like this that make people hate cops.

brk120, Goose and Hush like this.
  18. felony

felony MassCops Member

Then blame the state kid.

Hush likes this.
  19. Rogergoodwin

Wrong is wrong, regardless of the kickback you get.

20. felony

felony MassCops Member

For someone whose not even on the job, you don't even get to think about telling me how to do mine. Since, you have no clue what you're talking about, these are some GHSB, NHTSA, EEOPSS grants, that cops do for OT and for the purpose of traffic enforcement.

• "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over"
    • Distracted Driving
    • Click It or Ticket
    • STEP program
    • Pedestrian & Bicyclist Enforcement
    When I worked in Rhode Island, we had Blue Riptide (DUI Enforcement) and a Municipal Court created traffic enforcement program (all offenses). The brass wanted 8 citations for 4 hours of OT, it is what it is.

Treehouse413, j809 and Hush like this.
  21. Rogergoodwin

Are you even a cop? You don't sound like one.

22. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

He sounds like more of a cop than you do, screw. For the record, the public is going to hate us no matter what, just do your job and stop trying to be the public’s friend. You sound like an aspiring lieutenant up to chief.

felony, Danusmc0321 and j809 like this.
  23. Rogergoodwin

I havent been behind the wall for almost 6 years. And get off your knees and have some integrity, Johnny. Write a ticket when a ticket is deserved.

mpd61 likes this.
  24. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

So you're a screw pretending to be a cop.....good to know. How much did you contribute to the sheriff's clambake to get your tin star? And I've been doing this for 26 years, I hardly write cites at all. If I do, it is deserved......jerk off.

I've been watching your interactions on this board for a while now, not impressed. If you meet someone and they think you're an asshole, maybe they have the problem. But if everyone you meet thinks you're an asshole, you are the problem. Get the fuck off my profile, mouth off again and you'll be enjoying a ride on the bus.

brk120, Goose, felony and 2 others like this.
  25. Oakum yokum

Man, lock thus thread....what a s**tshow.

Example:. This is how I write for speed , stationary radar.
    Or
    This is my narrative for expired lic/reg.

Blah, blah, blah.
    That's what I wanted to discuss. But, no. Everyone wants to be top dog.
    Can't help anyone without insulting or patting themselves on the back...

brk120 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.