Tips for citation narratives ???? | MassCops

Tips for citation narratives ????

Discussion in 'War Stories' started by Oakum yokum, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Stopped a motor cycle the other day. (Non-harley-type) young operator. Stopped for 89/9 stop sign. Kid started arguing that he stopped. Asked how I could tell.
    I said I watched your feet. You didn't put a foot on the ground, which means you weren't stopped.

The look on his face was priceless...
    My point - put operator never put foot on ground in narrative..... Just my 2-cents.

2. Mike1960

Mike1960 New Member

i'am not trying to be a smart ass but many riders can stop a motorcycle without putting a foot down, i would pay more attention to the tires and or wheels if possible.

3. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

That sounds good, and put he was argumentative roadside.

4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Estimated lowest speed in your notes can be helpful.

5. 46065

46065 MassCops Member

IMO a stop is something you can count. When the vehicle completely stops, there's at least a 2-3 second pause when the wheels have ceased to move. Anything less is a rolling stop.

6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Jeezus! Are you guys bored or what!?!?:p

j809, Truck and Goose like this.
  7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Does the statute say stop or cease movement for 2-3 seconds? A rolling stop isn't a stop.

8. 46065

46065 MassCops Member

No it doesn't. But I thought that would be a way to articulate that he didn't stop. For example "operator approached the stop sign and slowed but did not stop as his wheels did not cease to move before proceeding." Unless he has spinners on a motorcycle then that seems pretty clear.

9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

With a little bit of training and practice you can do something that looks like a complete stop, but have seen kids on the Ninja bikes give a quick left to right scan then shoot through the intersection.

Just watched this recently on YouTube . Maybe you're violator watched it the too ? :D

If anyone can pull it off it would be this guy :cool:

P,S never wrote a citation in my life . Just making conversation ;)

10. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

That’s the cheesiest stop I have ever heard off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiamiVice and mpd61 like this.
  11. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Write what ever makes sense to you when you read it 9 months latter at appeal. Feet up is good, I usually put the argue if they do. For a stop sign, honestly all you need to write is 89/9. That's it. Either the magistrate believes them or doesn't. Or give them a break for the hell of it or doesn't. As soon as they start the "but I did stop", "but I wasn't speeding" I usually cut them off and say "I'm not arguing with you, I'm TELLING you, you were doing 90mph / you didn't stop". I've only twice had anyone say anything after that line. Most of the people that argue are just trying to poke hole in your confidence to try and get out of a ticket. They know what they did. Believing 100% in what your saying or doing and convince other people you know what your saying/doing relieves most minor bullshit or pushback.

Goose and mpd61 like this.
  12. Oakum yokum

Yes, yes we are....

pahapoika and mpd61 like this.
  13. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

FIFY...........
    BTW, Even most SSPO's with a citation book wouldn't pull that one

pahapoika likes this.
  14. Oakum yokum

Believe the wording is "complete stop" = zero movement.

15. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

You bastard that’s not my quote you trying get me in trouble in this whole new world of PC lol.

mpd61 likes this.
  16. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

The judge is gonna laugh at you and you will get an asshole reputation for cites like that, resulting in no responsible tickets and you’ll be blackballed for life. Just saying !!

mpd61 and MiamiVice like this.
  17. Oakum yokum

FOR what ???
    Writing a proper 89-9 citation ??

18. 46065

46065 MassCops Member

I'm a little confused about that too. In the narrative writing "the operator did not come to a complete stop" is somehow unfavorable? You must be kidding.

19. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

You guys are so young it’s ok. Lol

mpd61 likes this.
  20. Oakum yokum

I'm not young,. Not stopping, might also mean ,not taking in the time for a good look, which could cause a crash.
    Maybe you are toooooo old...

21. Oakum yokum

It's like running radar,. I don't care if drivers flash the other cars. The purpose is to slow people down in a certain area.
    Mission complete......

22. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Ok guy

23. Oakum yokum

Wasn't trying to be a Richard ,. Just saying my point of view

j809 likes this.
  24. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Couldn't agree more j809, clearly these guys are in a one horse town with a lack of activity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

felony and j809 like this.
  25. Oakum yokum

Yup,. Plus our D.C. lost his son because of a mva , running red light. So yes,. I stop for 89-9,. Write sometimes too.

mpd61 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.