Tint | MassCops

Tint

Discussion in 'Ask A Cop' started by nimitzclass, Sep 12, 2020.

1. nimitzclass

nimitzclass MassCops Member

I need some advice i had my windows tinted about 3 weeks ago and they look to dark to me , a couple of my buddies(they're pretty dark) commented on it so i wanted to bring it here in hopes i can resolve ( if possible) it with the shop.

Thank you
    Coop

2. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

The max is 35% all around, you can get a medical exemptions. 20200912_190428.jpg 20200912_190439.jpg

nimitzclass and CCCSD like this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Most shops won't do darker than 35% unless you specifically request it (and pay cash). Didn't they tell you transparency % they used?

CCCSD likes this.
  4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

The other thing you have to watch out for is factory windows are often very slightly tinted (around 91%) as well...so if a 35% film is put on you may end up somewhere around 26% VLT.

CCCSD likes this.
  5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

I pulled over this 21 year old kid from Lawrence and he had a letter from his doctor and exemption RMV for his 10 percent tint. Seemed like BS but all paperwork was legit. I don’t think it’s that hard to get a letter from your doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Was he a vampire?

j809 likes this.
  7. nimitzclass

Thanks guys i appreciate it , by the way i never asked the shop to go any darker then what is allowed by law is there any way i can find out if in fact its darker then whats allowed by law !

Coop

8. nimitzclass

RodneyFarva likes this.
  9. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I'd swing back over when they are open and ask if they can double check your windows for you with a tint meter so you don't run into problems.

If you call first it allows them to question why.

nimitzclass likes this.
  10. nimitzclass

I like the call before so they have yo ask why , great point Goose LOL