Time For A Few Good Books | Page 2 | MassCops

Time For A Few Good Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Inspector, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I just read The Power of Positive Thinking, fuckin hated it.

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Howies "HITMAN" is great so far!+

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

In honor of Whitey's arrest, I'm going to start reading The Brothers Bulger by Howie Carr.

LawMan, how did you like Signal Zero?

4. 7costanza

I read Black Mass a few yrs ago and am tempted to read it again.

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I lent my copy to a professor at UMass-Lowell and never got it back, the bastard. I got an A in the course, so I guess I shouldn't bitch too much.

6. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

If you want a great book about the Irish mob, then read The Westies. It is about the Irish Mob in Hells Kitchen during the 70's and early 80's. It is a great read. Brutal book.

7. Hush

Black Mass is great, mine got moldy in the trunk of my car. Brothers Bulger and Hitman are both great. The also rans by Weeks, MacKenzie, Shea, and O'Neil are not so great but I like hearing multiple perspectives of a story. Then you can dig up a copy of Underboss about Anguilo.

8. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

RJ hillhouse- Outsourced (my favorite)

Vince Flynn series...

9. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I Read Week's book "Brutal" It's an Ok read but the whole "we're not such bad guys" schtick gets old after the first chapter. He has an excuse for everything he and Whitey did.

10. JF5

JF5 MassCops Member

Delta, I read the Brothers Bulger....I'd give it a 7.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

You guys want a good read?

Lone Survivor

-Marcus Lutrell and Patrick Robinson

11. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Ordered it today. Looking forward to reading it.

12. Hush

We should have a Masscops bookswap section...

13. MARINECOP

I am all for that. Why waste our hard earned money for new books when we can swap. I have many true crime and military books that I am eager to swap out for some good non-fiction books of the same. A request can be made for a book and then that person can name what books they have to swap for such request.

14. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

We can start a book club!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!!! lmao

15. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Rawhide Down, by Del Quentin Wilber. It's about the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan from the Secret Service perspective, including the guys who were actually there when he was shot and later in the emergency room. Excellent book, which I highly recommend.

16. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

Home in August right?

17. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Right, for three weeks. I'm really looking forward to getting away from this "zoo" and seeing the homeland.

18. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

Lone Survivor is an excellent book! I could not put it down.

Any one who is interested, He has a Facebook page that he posts to. You can find it here: Marcus Luttrell | Facebook

19. 7costanza

Lone Survivor is definately my next read. I also enjoy some fiction books, such as Black Order from James Rollins.

20. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I just ordered "The Sweeney - The First Sixty Years of Scotland Yard's Flying Squad" from England. Apparently not many, if any, carry this book over in the States. Everything I've heard says that this is a great book, and I'm hoping to enjoy it for vacation at the beach in July.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I bet you had a couple of CJ professors who would benefit from reading it, I know I did.

22. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

My last book without pictures was The Paradiso Files written by the infamous Timmy Burke.

Amazon.com: The Paradiso Files: On the Trail of Boston's Unknown Serial Killer (9781586421496): Timothy M. Burke: Books

I hear he has another in the works and i'm looking forward to reading it.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Negative! Based on the wild rides you men take your books on, i'm out!
    YouTube - ‪Seinfeld Clip - George's Toilet Book‬‏

23. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

I finished a book called Empire by Orson Scott Card. I picked it up for cheap and it was pretty good. It is about a spec ops military guy who is asked by the governent to develop a plan to assault the White House so that they wil know how to stop it. Well of course they use that info to actually assault the White House and frame him for it. The story revolves around him and a felow soldier trying to get to the bottom of the who is behind this plot. Very good and fast paced action.

I am now reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. SO far its pretty good but its about 800 pages so it is gonna take awhile.

24. MARINECOP

I know it sounds like we are some dorks, but I have so many non fiction books that are just collecting dust. I will bring a whole box of them to the meet and greet. We can drink some cokes and then play a game of Dungeons and Dragons. No Dr. Peppers for me fellas. My mom says they make me break out with pimples.

25. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder