1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 arrested during President’s stop
By SCOTT BROOKS
Union Leader Correspondent

NASHUA — Three people were arrested outside President Bush’s Nashua campaign stop yesterday, including a woman charged with throwing herself at the President’s motorcade and a man accused of assaulting a Secret Service agent.

All of the protesters received state misdemeanor charges, but federal charges may soon follow, said Lt. Bruce Hansen of the Nashua police.

An egg-throwing protester was the first to mar an otherwise orderly demonstration outside Nashua High School North, Hansen said.

Police say Ryan W. Boyd, 19, of 42 Flint Pond Drive, Hollis, chucked an egg at one of the cars in the President’s motorcade, which was making its way toward the school’s entrance just before 1 p.m.

A Secret Service agent quickly tackled Boyd, at which point a neighbor came to his defense, Hansen said. Police say Brian LaSalle, 26, of 47 Flint Pond Drive, pushed the agent, prompting his arrest.

Boyd was charged with reckless conduct, while LaSalle received a charge of simple assault. Hansen said the U.S. Attorney’s Office would consider charging both men with federal crimes.

Secret Service agents responded by moving some of the protesters farther back along the rotary outside the school, he said.

That, he said, “didn’t have to happen. But now all of a sudden we may have a potential threat, and they’re not going to get caught twice with it.”

A police hazardous materials team was called in to inspect the egg while the President stumped inside the school gymnasium, according to Hansen.

“You don’t know what’s in this egg,” he said. “They could have put anything in there.”

Police were called to act again as the motorcade left the school around 3 p.m. After two warnings to stay out of traffic, a Lawrence, Mass., woman jumped in front of the motorcade on Broad Street, forcing the cars to swerve around her, Hansen said.

Police charged Elizabeth W. Wahoma, 47, of 265 Howard St., with disorderly conduct.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
A police hazardous materials team was called in to inspect the egg while the President stumped inside the school gymnasium, according to Hansen.
Was it hot out? Maybe the Egg was fried on arrival? FOA

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty warm out. This kid was a real moron.... there was a uniform every friggin four feet, Secret Service people everywhere, State Troopers in plain sight, and plain clothes walking around with ear pieces in... and this idiot throws an object at the motorcade. His attitude was, "Why am I being arrested?" his buddy just tweaked out and jumped at this Secret Service agent... I hope they both get nice federal convictions for this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get a kick out of people like this. "Why am I getting arrested?" "It was only an egg"

Could it be that you just threw an object at the most powerful man in the world?? No matter who the President is (regardless if you like him or not)...He has real enemies and if you present yourself as possibly being one of those enemies, you deserve what you get...Period

There is freedom of speech and then there is being a threat. Knowledge of your actual threat level comes later. In the immediate, a threat is a threat and the President is the
P r e s i d e n t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.