Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Box Containing Cash Swiped As Dad Loaded SUV

BOSTON -- Someone stole thousands of dollars from a Lawrence couple during the weekend as they prepared to leave the hospital after having a baby, according to the Eagle Tribune.

Dennis Deschamp and his girlfriend, Ashley English, closed their savings account and planned to deposit $6,500 and $1,500 in checks into a CD at Merrimack Valley Federal Credit Union on Friday.

The couple stopped at English's doctor in North Andover as they were en route to the credit union. The doctor told English her blood pressure was too high and that she needed to go to the hospital.
Deschamp said there was no time to deposit the money, so he put it in a lock box that he took with him to Caritas Holy Family Hospital in Methuen.

English gave birth to Zachery Michael on Friday. When the family left the hospital two days later, someone stole the lock box as Deschamp was loading bags into his sport utility vehicle.

The family hopes someone will come forward and return the cash.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17946492/detail.html

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
He had two days to take the money home and secure it. Theft is a crime of opportunity and they gave them all the time they needed. Patients (the low life one's) are just like inmates and have 24hrs a day to study what people are doing and what they have in their rooms. The minute the person walks away for the rest room or a test... bye bye, one minute later the item is gone and the patient will not notice it till much later or even days sometimes.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Should I feel sorry for this guy??? Any idiot knows that if you can't deposit money into the bank you carry it on you! In a situation like this I could fail to see any better opportunity to secure the money. Or how about common sense, maybe get it in a Bank Check!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I still get the feeling the kid gambled the money away, or bought a lot of blow and is trying to cover his tracks... At the sametime, the kid never struck me as someone who would do that. He worked at Richdale in NA for many years so I saw him quite a bit.

Either way, I feel bad for them. I'd probably kill someone if that happened to me, but I also wouldn't carry around that much money without an armed family member/best friend at my side the entire time.

Hopefully they catch the scum who did it (hospital security cameras?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts