Thoughts and Prayers Requested | MassCops

Thoughts and Prayers Requested

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by dano448, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

I would like to ask for the thoughts and prayers of the members here for a friend and co-worker who was violently assaulted in a Lowell area bar on Saturday. Officer Chris Diamantoupoulos was in the bar following a golf tournament with friends when three individuals, at least one of whom Chris recognized as a former inmate, assaulted Chris and one of his friends. Chris is now in the ICU and requires surgery due to his injuries. Chris is a quiet, likeable guy who is very soft spoken and has an easy demeanor. No one on our job deserves to have this happen to them, but Chris is one of the last guys I would expect to have this happen to because he is so easy going. Please pray for his speedy recovery and for swift justice for the three maggots that did this to him and his friend!

2. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I will definitely keep him in my prayers.
    Please keep us updated to his recovery and the hopeful demise of the scumbags.

Sent from my ADR6300

3. Loyal

Loyal MassCops Member

There is strength in prayer. I prayed for him today. Hopefully he is not in pain and will recover fully. Is it safe to assume he was battered simply for being part of a "group" (ie:L.E.O.) ?
    If so, I hope the cowards are also charged with a civil rights violation. Back in the day, before cameras and rats, anyone who assaulted a CO or Police Officer got a tune up that demonstrated our policy...two eyes for an eye, two teeth for a tooth. I hope they run into solid infrastructure or trees while resisting arrest

4. Prayers on the way!

Sent from my ADR6300

5. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Very sorry to hear this dano. Thoughts and prayers going out.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I think I can muster that up no problem. Keep us updated.

7. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Hoping for a Speedy Recovery. I will keep him in my thoughts.

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Prayers sent from here for a speedy recovery.

9. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and our brother for his speedy recovery. I also prayer that the shitbags that assaulted him find out what justice really is.

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Absolutely dano, let him know we are all thinking of him. I'm thinking Sean Connery in "Untouchables" here, anyone?

11. adroitcuffs

adroitcuffs Subscribing Member

Prayers en route!

Seriously, this is the nonsense that happens in "our world" that most civilians will never appreciate or understand. If only they were more concerned about our safety than our salaries.

12. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Thoughts and Prayers, may the guilty get theres.

13. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

My prayers are with him!

14. JamnJim18

JamnJim18 Guest

I hope that he makes a very speedy recovery. You have my thoughts and prayers!

15. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

Thoughts and prayers, Get well soon!

16. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

17. Rock

Rock Undefined

I don't know if Lowell has a residency requirement but this is yet another reason to get rid of any residency requirement for all local officers. I dont' know how many cities or towns still have it but I have NEVER heard a good reason to keep it. Lynn and Boston are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. This is the prime reason to not have it. Now it sounds like Officer Diamantoupoulos works at the jail but it does bring up the point of when we are out as a "regular Joe" just trying to enjoy life we always have to keep a level of guard up.

Rest up and get well. I hope these a-holes get some street justice.

18. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

So sorry to hear about this...prayers, the least i can do...hope he heals quickly and those bastards get what they deserve in spades

19. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

Thoughts and Prayers

20. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Prayers sent

21. Skinman

Skinman MassCops Member

Would like to pass on our Thoughts and Prayers to Chris, his family, friends and coworkers.

We pray for a speedy recovery.

22. Loyal

Loyal MassCops Member

I realize that I am old school. Today "political correctness" and sucking up are the trend. There are finks in PD's and the DOC nowadays...believe me..I've experienced it. Was not always that way. Today a liberal punk shoved a plate of foam in Rupert Murdock's face while he was in a public hearing answering questions about the phone hacking. There is zero indication that this elderly gentleman, who employs thousands of people world wide, had any idea of what an overzealous reporter in his employ had done.

Mr Murdoch's wife turned the tables on the punk by swatting the foam into his face..poetic justice. Although the English police arrested the attention craving punk, they were shown on tv being toady by gently wiping the inert foam off the culprit's face and clothing. Pathetic. He tried to humiliate an elderly gentleman by covering him with foam, yet the police desperately tried to suck up to the punk and liberals by tenderly cleaning him when the tide was turned by Mrs Murdoch. Why not let him be humiliated like he tried to do to an elderly man ?

23. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

Are you sure you posted in the correct thread?

Sent from my ADR6300

24. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Maybe instead of drunk dialing, he is drunk posting

25. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

Chris had reconstructive sugery on his facial bones today. He may be allowed to go home tomorrow or Thursday to recover at home, but he'll still be out of work for at least three months. Lowell PD arrested the main assailant today. He is due to be arraigned in Lowell District Court tomorrow. They are actively seeking his cousin and two other parties. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!