This Cartoon Seemed Far-Fetched In 1948 | MassCops

This Cartoon Seemed Far-Fetched In 1948

Discussion in 'Hot Topics' started by 7costanza, Oct 26, 2009.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

2. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

Funny how times have changed, yet stayed the same.

3. DJM1968

DJM1968 MassCops Member

I think "Young Aunt Minnie" is a hottie. :p

Seriously, though--yeah, it hurts when history bites you in the ass.

4. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

So, the voice of reason comes from some guy who was passed out on a park bench in the middle of the day? Nice.

5. kttref

kttref New Member

Wow...

6. 8MORE

8MORE New Member

Very interesting 7.

7. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Infidel

good stuff, one of the comments likened the smooth talker selling the ISM to our latest Nobel Prize winner.

8. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

This video scared the shit out of me. FAR too close to the goings on of today!! Jusy people wont listen to the guy on the park bench........ Just drink the kool-aid......

9. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

Red or Blue Kool-aid.. make your choice.

10. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

It dam sure won't be what your boy Obama is serving.

11. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

My boy? You assume too much, with very little information.

Republican or Democrat, either way your serving someones backwards agenda that only benefits anyone but the common man.

Keep focusing on hating Democrats, and others will keep focusing on hating Republicans.

Sadly I view Americans as simply Americans, I respect and disagree with many opinions from both parties.. And we all know corporate monogamy and backroom deals are what drives this countries politicians.

They have us right where they want us, so concentrated on hating the other end of the political spectrum, that we forget we are really all just brothers and sisters under the flag.

12. mgpd178

mgpd178 MassCops Member

I voted for Bush and would have voted for him again. Too many people blaming him for what the democratic congress did or did not do. One of the best presidents this country ever had. Now we have to deal with this liberal who is tearing this country apart. Great cartoon.....the ISM guy even had a tan....hmmm

13. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

amazing to see the forces of evil were hard at work even back in 1948.

who ever thought these bastards ( liberals ) would get this far indeed.

14. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

The book 1984 also seemed far fetched in 1948, as did Atlas Shrugged which came out a few years later.
    I consider Bush's presidency a draw, with the positives about equalling out the negatives. But I think he's greatly responsible for creating the political climate that pissed off enough independents to the point where they voted for this current asshole.

15. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

Bush was not close to the best president, one of the worst. Just another fake conservative. He spent like it was no bodies business, and supported the patriot act.

16. kwflatbed

All I can ask is how much longer are we going to put up with MJ ?????

17. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Michael Jackson:)

18. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

Galt Lives!

19. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

He did spend money, maybe too much. He did support the Patriot Act and frankly, so do I.

Not the best president, I have to agree with that but I felt he was saddled with far more blame than he deserved for, well EVERYTHING. I admired and still do admire the simple fact that if he said it, he meant it and didn't bow and bend to every opinion poll that came down the pike, like his predicessor. He took a very tough stance on terrorism and dammit it's something that should have been done YEARS ago, but this freakin' country is run by people who are more concerned with the feelings of the oppressors than the oppressed; the rights of the agressors than the rights of the victims. Just look at how many people on the Democratic side were with him on Iraq until things started to go, say, not great and then, BOOM, "I NEVER SUPPORTED IT. HE LIED!!" Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me, which, no, you didn't but I'm giving my thoughts anyway.:D

He was critisized for saying to the terrorists, "BRING IT ON." WHY? Put a challenge to those scumbags, show them you're not afraid of them and that you're willing to meet them in the ring and throw all your weight behind your punch. (if only he could have).

Bush, perfect? NO. Can I think of people who might have done a better job? Sure, as I see it, but I will NOT bash him. I believe history will show that he was FAR from the worst president and no doubt in my mind, not even a bad one. If I were giving him a grade, I'd go with a solid B.

Just my opinion.

As for the cartoon, BRILLIANT, but isn't Capitalism an ISM? I know, it's not the ISM that we're coming to live with. That ism is OBAMISM!

20. mgpd178

mgpd178 MassCops Member

Bush answered the call when our Great country was attacked. He spent money on kicking ass. He did not bow to anybody. He talked the talk and he walked the walk. Too bad he had to deal with Nacy Pelosi and Harry Reid and the rest of the morons in congress. I also believe in the Patriot act...and you (MJ) must not be a police officer. You will never hear of half the things Bush did because of liberals like yourself.

21. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

Yeah Bush just held hands and kissed... He did so much that only a police officer hears, please... anything that was done is widely available.

I don't believe in the patriot act, because it circumvents the constitution.

Bush has many a great problems, one being the fact that we went into Iraq and albeit eventually we fixed the country up we went in under the pretense of WMD's and never found them. Bad intel? Or Cheney? We need truth not lies leading us into war. And he spent like a madhorse, and Obama is doing the same.. You guys are so blind.. Bush and Obama both suck and ignore the debt we owe to China.

It really doesn't matter to some people what is actually going on, but what matters is what their koolaid provider tells them.

22. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

We DID find WMD's , it was just that most of his chemical arsenal had already been moved to Syria.

23. kwflatbed

Charlie you are wasting your time posting to someone who is deaf and blind to the world around him.

24. MichaelJones

MichaelJones New Member

What WMD's article please. And nothing close to what was supposedly their... who has them in Syria now that Saddam is dead?

This Syria theory sounds like a theory.

25. kwflatbed

The only theory here is that you are illiterate and a complete asshole.

But it is no longer a theory as you have proved it to be true fact.

This also answers your question "Who I am".

Take the advice of 99% of the members and move on to another site
    you and your opinions are not wanted here.