Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres what the left thinks of our Military, Soros is Obamas puppet master so if Obama wins this could likely happen.

A new report by a liberal-leaning think tank recommends a dramatic overhaul of military pay, retirement and health care benefits as part of a $1 trillion cut in defense spending over 10 years.
The Center for American Progress calls for capping pay raises, eliminating military health benefits for many retirees who are covered by an employer-provided plan, and reducing the value of military retired pay as well as making retirees wait until age 60 to start receiving it.
Recommendations are included in a report, Rebalancing Our National Security, released Oct. 31 by the progressive think tank and advocacy group. The report opposes across-the-board cuts in defense spending that could occur beginning in January under sequestration but still calls for major reductions in defense spending.
Capping pay raises, the report says, could save $16.5 billion over the next five years. Reducing retiree health care benefits, through a combination of restricting care and raising fees, could save $15 billion a year. Reforming military retired pay could save, in the short term, up to $13 billion a year, and over time could save up to $70 billion a year off the current plan.
In addition to cutting compensation and benefits, the report also recommends cutting the number of active-duty troops permanently based in Europe and Asia, saving $10 billion a year. It recommends withdrawing 33,000 troops from Europe and about 17,000 from Asia.http://www.masscops.com/forums/politics-law-enforcement.10/create-thread

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the record, many of those proposals were on the table when I was in from 83-87. Particularly the pension delay which was proposed to be age 55.

Not an endorsement, just adding some clarity.
Thanks for the clarification, im guessing the major difference is Obama HATES the Military and IMO he is the only POTUS since 83 that would actually take this from "the table" to law. I didnt serve but I cant remember a stronger anti POTUS sentiment in my life and hes a vengeful person so nothing would surprise me.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think tank.

Stick those hippies in a 155mm and fire them into the ocean.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
How about cutting the hundreds of billions spent on entitlement programs instead of cutting benefits to our wounded and honorably retired warriors?

·
Subscribing Member
2,550 Posts
How about cutting the hundreds of billions spent on entitlement programs instead of cutting benefits to our wounded and honorably retired warriors?
Entitlement programs get Dems elected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts