Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Im sure this has been asked and answered already, Im too lazy to look for the topic. How does a lateral transfer work in MA Civil Service departments. For example, I saw that Watertown is looking for laterals. Does this mean that I would have had to have taken the civil service exam for that city? Or can anyone apply, i.e. me: a New york city pig that didnt take the Watertown PD test.

·
Registered
85 Posts
dekk said:
While Im sure this has been asked and answered already, Im too lazy to look for the topic. How does a lateral transfer work in MA Civil Service departments. For example, I saw that Watertown is looking for laterals. Does this mean that I would have had to have taken the civil service exam for that city? Or can anyone apply, i.e. me: a New york city pig that didnt take the Watertown PD test.
To be able to lateral you have to be working for a civil service town or laid off by a civil service town.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"PIG" :roll: if you refer to anyone in law enforcement as being a "pig" - do us a favor and stay in new york

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
40th MPOC#309 said:
I'm a pig-but in another way........ :hump:
Hey Dickie!
Patterson jumped your detail for Sat night! he better not bang out of it again!
:shock:

P.S. Is that NACop you're poking you little piggie?
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
58 Posts
I'd check with Watertown PD.
The local PD I used to work at recently hired a guy who left a New Hampshire local dept. I believe he had to go to the R/I academy to learn Mass laws, but he definately did not have to do the FT academy again.

Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.