The Walking Dead (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 3 | MassCops

The Walking Dead (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Hush, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

That's Michonne, a character from the comics as someone mentioned.

What did everyone think of the finale? Best zombie action yet, but I really wish they would do more daytime scenes where you can see easier.

I laughed when Jimmy and Barbara bought it. They were like the security people of the original Star Trek, you knew they were getting eaten.

Johnny Law and JMody like this.
  2. JMody

JMody Special...

WOW. Pretty good ending. Agree with the not leaving you on the edge of the seat but stil pretty good.

Michonne should be a pretty good character. The Prison looks to be the stage for season 3 as well. Should be pretty interesting. I might have to pick up the comic.

Delta784 likes this.
  3. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I paused the action on the DVR so I could get a better look at things. I noticed that Michonne's zombies were not only armless, but jawless as well. I'm guessing to effectively neuter them from infecting her.

I also could not tell for sure, but JMody confirmed for me, that what I was looking at in the final seconds of the finale was indeed a prison (Delta's peeve, always too fucking dark to see clearly!)

I really didn't remember from when the group was at the CDC at the end of season 1, but they reiterated this time. Everyone has the virus, when you die you turn. So that goes back to the DPW yard, how did those cops die and subsequently turn?

Delta784 likes this.
  4. JMody

JMody Special...

I've been thinking of going back and watching the episode again. Maybe we missed something on their bodies?

Delta784 likes this.
  5. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Though some episodes have been better than others, I've enjoyed them all and thought the finale was terrific. Glad Season 3 is supposed to start in the fall.
    I was expecting a siege at the farm house when I saw the boarded up windows but it obviously never got to that. I also thought that the helicopter might have been addressed.

JMody and Delta784 like this.
  6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

In the comic book, those zombies are her former (before he turned) boyfriend and his best friend. I saw some speculation that Michonne is trying to "train" the zombies to leave her alone by collecting live humans and feeding them to the walkers, in effect trying to become the Queen of the Zombies, which would be a wild plot twist.

There is some inconsistency in the infection plot line....for example, why didn't the 2 renegades that Rick killed in the barroom turn? The fat guy with the shotgun was a head shot, so that makes sense he didn't turn, but the other guy was shot in the torso. The best explanation I can think of is when Jenner said at the CDC "resurrection times vary wildly".

Johnny Law likes this.
  7. JMody

JMody Special...

Interesting. I remember him saying something like that now that you mention it. I never even really picked up on the all infected thing when I watched last season. I might have to go back and watch both seasons over again and nit pic the crap out of it. I probably missed a ton of stuff.

8. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

I'm not going to read any comics or anything to spoil it, but I first thought armless, jaw-less zombies attached to chains could be used like a K9 for sniffing out people who are still alive.

Just a thought and most likely way, way off.

Johnny Law and JMody like this.
  9. JMody

JMody Special...

I think your going to be more on the mark than you think. That makes complete sense. She did find, what's her name?, in the middle of the woods.....

gm7988 likes this.
  10. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

Very true. I guess we'll see. If that was indeed a prison I can definitely say I'm very excited for the first few episodes of what lays inside the walls.

Johnny Law likes this.
  11. JMody

JMody Special...

Yea I agree. It was definitely a prison.
    [​IMG]

12. Johnny Law

I was thinking of this too. I was leaning the other way though, that the zombie slave things were used to throw off her "living smell" to other zombies, like when Rick and the Asian kid covered themselves in zombie guts to get out of Atlanta. I like your idea better though, didn't think of that.

13. Johnny Law

Time to resurrect this thread, no pun intended. Anyone catch the season premiere "Seed"? Lots of good head shots, and I did not see the end of the episode coming with the hacking.

14. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Great episode! Wonder where they got all those suppressors? Find some water and bleach and grab the riot armor.

15. HiredGoon

HiredGoon MassCops Member

[​IMG]

Finally! A use for that drawer full of old dead mag lites I have at work!

As for the armless zombies, my guess is "pack mules".

16. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The episode was great!!!!!! The part when Godzilla joins forces with Han Solo was epic..

17. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Best show on TV by far.
    I missed the Mag light suppressor. But I did see this
    I hate it when my rear sight falls off. [​IMG]

18. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Just caught up -what did we do before "On Demand"???
    Glad I'm off Sunday! And no Pats to interfere...
    For the record: Best Weapon-Merle's Bayonet Hand

19. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

Mr Scribbles likes this.
  20. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Jeezus I'm ANDREA??? She doesn't look like a 250 lb dude?!?!?

21. HiredGoon

HiredGoon MassCops Member

Apparently I'm Andrea too o_O