Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I am new to this whole posting chatting thing here but I have been around for a while.....
I have noticed how much we all appreciate the support that our area Sherriffs have been giving us over the years....let's count together....expansion of the facilities to house more dirtbags so judges can't use that excuse every day in our district courts. Oh they haven't had the money to add bed space, thats right......The building of the regional lockups...Oh thats right no money for that either......Making their hack employees pretend to be real police,not guards and paper servers like they really are...Oh yeah they are going add more cops to the streets...right just what we need...yahoo hacks who couldn't score or pass a Psych test but mom and dad had some cash come election time....It's all been said before so I will get to the point..

This all just came to mind with me once again upon seeing the NECN report that is continuously running all day today, of our local hackmaster returning from Louisiana....a finely orchestrated piece of propaganda on his behalf....

I guess all that grant money he fraudulently acquired finally went towards a noble endeavour...I am sure some of the federal money he swiped for all of his toys, which collect dust 99.9% of the time (other than parades), originally came from the gulf states. That noble endeavour to me is that at least one NOPD guy was able to take a steaming dump in that Winnebago's hopper...

Enough to make you want to throw up...especially after talking with some friends down there on the job who were under the impression that these guys were actually Real Police. What a travesty.....

To all you want-to-be hacks I say..You won't ever work my streets. You won't ever take my calls, You won't ever see the things I see and you will never be able to look yourself in the mirror and know that you are Real Police.....walk the tier and we will be willing to buy you a beer...keep playing dress up and the day will come when someone calls your bluff and you will be holding the bag...not your hack boss. He will just print more bumper stickers....You pulled one over on the brothers down south because they would have been willing to take help from the Polish Navy after what they had been through but just so you know...we all know the truth.....and you should be ashamed of taking advantage of things so your a-hole boss gets face time in front of the cameras.
:up_yours:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry About This Being In The Wrong Forum..maybe The Administration..i Mean Administrator Can Move This Over To The "sherriffs" Forum...yes This Is Beating A Dead Horse..i Once Again Apologize To All About That. Except For Those Who Take Any Exception To It Whatsoever.because If You Take Exception Chances Are You Are One Of Them..and If You Dont You Probably Understand The Outrage That Brought Me There..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Grand welcome for Big Easy peacekeepers
By Margaret Smith/ Billerica Minuteman
Saturday, October 1, 2005

BILLERICA - They returned yesterday like conquering heroes.
A convoy of trucks and vans from the Middlesex Sheriff's Office arrived home to loud music and applause after helping keep the peace in two hurricane-ravaged parishes near New Orleans.
Sheriff James DiPaola headed into the hurricane zone with 20 deputies and four reserve deputies a month ago. They remained until peace returned to the region.
``I just could not stand there as a fellow American,'' said DiPaola, who whisked his team into the sunken city.
DiPaola recalled how the group found lodging at the First Baptist Church in the town of Franklinton in Washington Parish, where they shaved and showered with a garden hose and slept on the floor. They had to shower outdoors, at night, and keep an eye out for anyone looking, he said, drawing a chuckle from the crowd.
DiPaola's team was welcomed home by family and friends near the Billerica House of Corrections.
Andrew Freker of Chelmsford was soon in the arms of his wife, Nancy, who wiped tears from her eyes.
Freker, an administrator at the jail, took a moment to talk of his experiences in Louisiana, where he said he and other deputies helped to reinforce curfews and roadblocks as well as patrol neighborhoods for looters or other lawbreakers.
``I've never seen a storm of that magnitude, and I hope I never do,'' he said.

·
Registered
874 Posts
"Pulled one over on the brothers"? wtf are you talking about. anyone else confused? I think we all know some "hacks" in the SD, but we also know some in the PD. I dont know what county your in, but Ive met more upstanding deputies then I have sparkys, and all deputies (not CO's) must complete the reserve academy, the same academy that lets special PO's do details and cruiser shifts in my town and your town. Some of the actual Sheriff's might be f'd up, but I dont think we need another thread that blankets every single deputy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well said "The RP", it's about time more cops grow some balls and stick it to this sheriff hacks. God damn it, I can't stand them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand what you are saying 2-delta about blanketing all of the deputies...however let's face it...those departments are full of hacks and most of the guys that the sherriffs are trying to line up to take your job are hacks...that gets them votes and money for their campaigns....where's the competitive testing? Where's the defintive process for hiring ? I have friends that work that job, work the tiers, or have worked the tiers and they are the first ones to tell about how things really work...quite frankly I don't want them backing me up....you don't know what you will get. It's not worth the risk on the street or in court....The reserve academy ? What the F good is that? The part timers you might work with are at least known to you and to your bosses right, you have some quality control right ? What control do you have over some reserve certified deputy from who knows where coming in to back you up. Some are good hard working guys no doubt. But those are the guys who have been there for years babysitting the trash we send to them. Not the guys who have aspirations to grab a cruiser shift in your town so your boss doesn't have to pay some overtime to one of your brother officers...
Also keep in mind that like our good Sherriff off of Route3, these hack masters would be nothing without their minions....if they grab onto the coat tails they are perpetrating the fraud just like him....These Sherriffs have rallied groups of followers who think this is the side door into being a street cop. Guys who couldn't score, couldn't pass backgrounds or just didn't have the hunger to fight for a real job for years....This is not what I want backing me up....It's a shame that some good guys are going to get lumped into this but thats too bad. The good guys know it's a sham but unless they do something they risk being looked at as the problem....
As far as the guys who went to this disaster with the Sherriff..How many of them, when speaking with other cops down there, actually told them that they have never worked the street or that they were simply jail guards...because thats what they are....guards...not police...look at the definitions. Big Difference...and also look at the description of the county Sherriff as detailed in Mass. Law...There's a phrase to keep an eye out for "Care and Custody of Prisoners." Thats what those departments are for....Sorry unlike many places around the country we don't have unincorporated land that has a populus contained on or in it that needs to be protected. So the Sherriffs do not need patrol certified (full or part time) deputies. They do not need fleets of brand new cruisers only to rival the parking lots of the Ford assembly plants...They do not need urban assault vehicles and Mobile Commmand vehicles that rival Nasa launch control centers....if there is a problem at the jail they don't need to travel anywhere, they should already be there not mobile..common sense right...

It's time that the cops, the real cops, stand together and put it on them...enough playing, it's becoming embarrassing for us all....the above article mentions some reserve deputies that also went on the little escapade....we all know what it takes to become a reserve deputy right...those special little badges...Oh thats right they were going to "reform" that process of issuing those badges....what a joke.....I am sure they were the first guys to tell the cops down south that they were really truck drivers or plumbers and they were with his eminence the Sherriff because they used to play wiffle ball together when they were growing up...yeah thats quality...

Just don't complain when they take your job...send them some money and get yourself one of those little badges and join the party....But it isn't going to happen here, with me or with my coworkers....There is a big NOT WELCOME sign here for them and thats the way it will stay..SORRY go elsewhere and play toy soldier...

It's friggin nauseating.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
One word for RP is "Jealous" and learn how to spell Sheriff

I am proud of the Middlesex Sheriff's that gave up there time to go to LO and help out.
They have a Department BIG enough and equiped enough to handle most anything in the Massachusetts as well as obviously anything in the USA. So give credit where credit is due. Obviously you were bound to your little town that when you patrol you have to turn around because the town line comes up so quickly. Don't be upset be happy that a great Sheriff's Office in Massachusetts came through to help there brothers in LO while you patroled your town RP :p

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,777 Posts
:uc: :uc: :uc: :uc: =P~ =P~

Showers with a "garden hose" and "reserve deputies" Oh what a sacrifice, how moving. When is this guy taking a trip over to Iraq or Afghanistan?
:crazy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Clarkiek you told me huh? My little town? Ha ha ha.....

You obviously don't get it...any real police get it.....you have no idea what its all about pal....

Keep holding signs at the polls bud maybe you can go for the next magical mystery tour the High Sheriff has. He loves guys like you......

jealousy no...disgust yes....We all know how they got most of that equipment...fraudulent grants...I would rather have nothing knowing that I had to scam someone to get it...

oh thanks for the spelling tip...Sheriff right...like LA County Sheriff, Dade County Sheriff, Lee County Sheriff, Pierce County Sheriff, Kings County Sheriff etc etc...no wonder I got confused....real police..real street cops..real jobs...wow, go figure....

Based on all the previous posts and the threads...this is a total dead horse..its all been said, these are the topics that clearly separate and define...you have clearly chosen to ignore a complete disregard for the integrity, honor and tradition of this profession. So either you have a stake in it or you just want to take the easy road....crystal clear bud...

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
clarkiek said:
One word for RP is "Jealous" and learn how to spell Sheriff

I am proud of the Middlesex Sheriff's that gave up there time to go to LO and help out.
He'll spell Sheriff correctly, if you tell us where "LO" is...

And before they spend some more money on Urban Assault Vehicles, when will there be a regional lockup in EVERY county? We're still waiting...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can see why other cops get upset with deputies. We probably all have a story of something a nitwit did. But can't put all of them in the same bag. There are many deputies out there that are "real cops" with full academy training who also work for a Sheriff's Dept. in addition to their full time PD employment. Nothing wrong with wanting to take advantage of a detail close to your residence instead of traveling accross the state for an overtime shift.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wolf, I agree that Sheriff's should not be pulling over cars or kicking down doors uninvited. I'm OK with it if it is at the request of the department At my last in-service there were many seasoned full time cops that work for SD's part time. My point was that there are deputies out there that have extensive training and experience. How many? I don't know but I have come across a quite a few. I've also seen the dopes that have no business in the field. I don't live in the city I work for and yes extensive travel is required. Not that i'm bitching about it...my choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's interesting, reading a person's point of view, especially a cop's POV, who does not work for the department. Just because you know people who work there doesn't mean you "know" what goes on. Sure, you can speculate. But, everything you hear is hearsay... Seems like your fight should be with DiPaola and no one else. If anyone was taking advantage of the situation, it was him all by his lonesome... I bet you didn't know that the guys sent to New Orleans really had no choice... Plus, who cares, right? Why waste your time and further his publicity here? At least he went down there to help. What did you do?

Another thing, granted there are C/Os who are pompous pricks. Then again, most people doing the dirty work in the criminal justice field, including cops, are pompous pricks. I am 'for' giving sheriffs police power within certain limitations. Say a Hurricane Katrina happened here, or a 9/11 or even an earthquake... Wouldn't we want qualified trained personnel on the street keeping order? As deputy sheriffs, c/o's have the same rights as cops essentially, EXCEPT they cannot right tickets and cannot engage in a car chase and things of that nature. Isn't that the bulk of what police do? Aren't approximately 70% of police officers in America strictly patrol? Yes. So, who would want to do that menial job anyways? Why would a c/o possibly want to write tickets or respond to calls when they can write their reports every night and respond to inmate bulls**t? It's all the same when you put it in context. When you have to resort to name-calling and insults, you really don't have a case for your points. I'm not absolving the guy, but you only have an ungrounded opinion.

Are you aware that a new facility was built in Billerica. A modern facility. A much-needed facility because the old one has been around since the early 1900's and no one should be exposed to that kind of working environment, let alone inmates? I understand what you're saying though. Sure, he could be putting that money to better use, for example, better services for the inmates in jail or reentry initiatives... Then again, if he did that, you and he would probably be out of a job... If everyone was rehabilitated, then there would be no need for you or him right?

Essentially, with all that being said, view sheriffs as an asset to the police. They are not going to take your job. I'm sure there's enough work out there for everyone. Actually, I know there is. Because even police departments are understaffed and underfunded. Why not use a resource already there to help themselves out. For example, Boston PD is down about 350 officers... And, it's hurting them bad. They've had to shut down three drug units and condense gang units into one. BPD has started initiatives, where they engage other members of the system and the community. For example, they have the Reentry initiative, working with suffolk county sheriff department. They have the Faith based initiative, working with local area clergy. And they have the youth violence strikeforce, where they work with not only members of the community but DYS, Probation/Parole, etc... We are all part of the criminal justice community and I think we should all act as such. View it as the military- there are different branches, but in the end, we all work together.

One more thing- you have too much anger over something very trivial. Life's too short man. :razz:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,777 Posts
Excellent!!

Points well articulated! We need a few more like you out here. I believe as You do that the problem is at the Top. Let's not hang Deputies for the politically motivated actions of their boss(es)

:yes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Say a Hurricane Katrina happened here, or a 9/11 or even an earthquake... Wouldn't we want qualified trained personnel on the street keeping order?
No, I'd rather have the National Guard out there supplementing the POLICE. They are better trained than the Sheriff hacks and know their place. The Sheriff can bring all his croanies and watch the jails in case of an emergency like Katrina.

Why not use a resource already there to help themselves out. For example, Boston PD is down about 350 officers.
They are low and that is exactly why the Sheriff should stay the f*ck out and mind his own jails and process serving business. Why should Boston hire more officers if these dinks can come in and offer services for free. Besides, let me reiterate, a deputy sheriff is NOT a cop, even with a full time academy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mpd61 said:
Excellent!!

Points well articulated! We need a few more like you out here. I believe as You do that the problem is at the Top. Let's not hang Deputies for the politically motivated actions of their boss(es)

:yes:
Thanks. There's a lot more from where that came from... :) I'm sure you'll be reading a lot of what I have to say. :sly:

·
Registered
8 Posts
popo said:
No, I'd rather have the National Guard out there supplementing the POLICE. They are better trained than the Sheriff hacks and know their place. The Sheriff can bring all his croanies and watch the jails in case of an emergency like Katrina.

They are low and that is exactly why the Sheriff should stay the f*ck out and mind his own jails and process serving business. Why should Boston hire more officers if these dinks can come in and offer services for free. Besides, let me reiterate, a deputy sheriff is NOT a cop, even with a full time academy.
Hm, where's the National Guard these days anyhow... I wouldn't want them helping me if it takes our president three days to respond to a natural disaster... But, hey now, that's an argument for another day.

Again, we are resorting to name-calling and unfounded opinions. A lot of those initiatives work with the people at the top, like Superintendent Joyce, not the patrol officers. If BPD had the funds alotted to them, they certainly would hire more police officers. But, I wouldn't call c/os or deputies "low." They're making an honorable living dealing with scumbags, just as cops do.

What are all your problems anyways? You people are so angry. You don't have to worry about losing your jobs, if that's what you're all concerned about. Or, is it because you like the "prestige" of being a police officer, so you have to put down everyone else. sheesh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey RP, I bet you probably work for some piss ant town where if it wasn't for ch.90 you wouldn't have anything else to do.It sounds like you need more to do and should atttend some anger management class.It's comical how you try to portray that the civil service system is 100% guaranteed.it's probably not even a civil service town you work in.(if your even a cop).Let me guess, you worked for a sheriff's department, but were probably one of those that were afraid of inmates and worked behind a glass wall your whole career then somehow managed to become a police officer and now you think your some tough guy.I know many police officers who when they worked for the sheriff's department were scared to death of being aroud an inmate and they always had to be assigned somewhere like the mailroom or outer perimeter and it's laughable when I see these guys as police officers.I bet your one of them.What town do you work for?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very well put AEM...I accept your points but I must stress that this whole situation boils down to TRUTH, ETHICS, INTEGRITY and MORALITY. These are the most fundamental and basic principals for which our whole profession is based. When I say "our profession" I mean anyone who dedicates themselves in the profession of law enforcement... So it's pretty simple. If you pass yourself off as being something you are not you are ignoring and avoiding the TRUTH. You then disqualify yourself from being a true cop. Very simple. It's the whole "higher standard" thing.
Yes there's a new facilty. Yes there are reentry initiatives...but there are also countless numbers of backdoor jobs given to politicians, family members, donors...so much for ETHICS right. Did the Sheriff ask every one of his people if they wanted to go on the trip?
It's been clear that he has been empire building since he got there. He has made promises to people that will get him votes and keep him in power. Without those people he would be nothing. The propaganda he has perpetrated with the help of his subordinates is also a complete diservice to not only everyone else in the law enforcement community but a total diservice to the public that we all have sworn to protect. Thats something nobody should ignore.
I am proud of the job I do. It's the job I was hired to do. I do not need to pretend I am something else. I do not patrol the highways, I do not take shifts on the tiers.. Yes, There is plenty of work for all of us but we all have a place. I submit that we all should just do our jobs and not try to do other peoples jobs. It's not about turf or jealousy. It's about the machine. We are all part of a machine and when part of that machine breaks down or tries to do the work of another, the machine will break down. Common sense...
I respect and I am very priveleged to know good, solid guys that work hard for that department. They get nothing but my highest regard. I have no use for those who wish to go along with the sham that the Sheriff continuously tries to play out for votes and publicity. To go along with it or turn a blind eye to it is nothing but a slap to us all.
How about reeeling in those clowns in the unmarks speeding around our cities and towns like they have carte blanche. How about reeeling in those guys who choose not to let anyone know they are in town doing god knows what until they need real cops to bail them out. How about collecting all that tin that was given out to hacks that feel they have immunity. How about getting rid of those people in jobs that are in a law enforcement capacity that have no business being there.
How about those regional lockups. Take some pressure off the locals and troopers when it comes to prisoners. Wouldn't want to do that because then there would be a lesser neeed for his toy soldiers to someday be patrolling. That would get him less vote getting power right..less room for promises.
Make them DOC. Make them accoutable to someone other than our "esteemed" politicians. Right now it's blatantly incestuous. Its part of our machine that is broken and getting worse with every guy who agrees to go along with it.
It needs to stop. Do not ignore it or gloss over it...If you want to be part of this machine gather up some fortitude, excercise some integrity and do the job that you were hired to do. Do not pass yourself off as something that you are not and strive for excellence at what is expected of you.
Unfortunately right now I would be hard pressed to find another area local guy or state guy who doesn't say "F#@ the Sheriffs". Its a shame because there now is a stigma and I think that it has become unavoidable. So my advice is simple. Smarten up and stop trying to ignore what has gotten you there. Police yourselves a little more and stop taking part in the fraud.
DO NOT accuse any other uniform wearing member of this profession as "putting evreyone else down". Do not accuse anyone of trying to further ones prestige. That is childish and that is ignoring the facts.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.